* Long word out of text area/No proper line wrap with flushleft
@ 2011-09-20  9:31 Stefan Müller
From: Stefan Müller @ 2011-09-20  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again,

in one of my documents I want the text to be flushedleft and not
hyphenated, see the following example.

\setupalign[flushleft, nothyphenated]
\starttext
\showlayout
bbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbb
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbb
\stoptext

However, in this example the aaa...a-"word" is not moved to the next
line but written partially into the margin instead.  I understand this
behaviour for right-left-aligned text to avoid extremely stretched-out
spaces, but here it doesn't seem right to me.  Can I change this
behaviour somehow?

Thanks for any advice!
Best regards,
Stefan

* Re: Long word out of text area/No proper line wrap with flushleft
@ 2011-09-20  9:34 ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2011-09-20  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20.09.2011, at 11:31, Stefan Müller wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> in one of my documents I want the text to be flushedleft and not hyphenated, see the following example.
>
> \setupalign[flushleft, nothyphenated]
> \starttext
> \showlayout
> bbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbb aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbb
> \stoptext

\setupalign[flushleft,nothyphenated,broad]

\starttext \showframe
bbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbb aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbb
\stoptext

Greeting
	Andreas

* Re: Long word out of text area/No proper line wrap with flushleft
@ 2011-09-20  9:50   ` Stefan Müller
From: Stefan Müller @ 2011-09-20  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ah, thank you very much!  Can you tell me why it's called "broad"?  I
don't get the intention behind this key...

Stefan

@ 2011-09-20  9:53     ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2011-09-20  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20.09.2011, at 11:50, Stefan Müller wrote:

> Ah, thank you very much!  Can you tell me why it's called "broad"?  I don't get the intention behind this key…

I’ve no clue. Wolfgang Schuster postet this solution a several times, so I've remembered it.

Andreas