No, that's not correct, it's not Gerben's distribution that does that. Which commands do you use to generate the formats? The directory you describe very likely shouldn't be there, and you can probably just delete it. Try renaming it to something else and see if that solves your problem. HTH Thomas On Jan 17, 2006, at 12:18 AM, David Wooten wrote: > I've rested a couple of days and found that, in fact, Gerben's > distribution generates the new fmt files in ~/Library/texmf/web2c. > Still, none of my attempts have produced changes in the allocated > memory. >