* typebuffer different from typefile
@ 2016-04-24  8:31 dr. Hans van der Meer
From: dr. Hans van der Meer @ 2016-04-24  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

Why is there a difference in syntax between typing buffers and typing files?
For files enclosure in {} for buffers in [], for files optional parameters, for buffers not.
Is it possible to make the syntax of these two the same, because their usage parallels each other?

Example code:

\startbuffer[test]
content of buffer
\stopbuffer
\starttext
	\typebuffer[test]
	\typefile[style=\ttx]{test.txt}
\stoptext

Hans van der Meer

* Re: typebuffer different from typefile
@ 2016-04-24 15:04 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-04-24 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/24/2016 10:31 AM, dr. Hans van der Meer wrote:
> Why is there a difference in syntax between typing buffers and typing files?
> For files enclosure in {} for buffers in [], for files optional
> parameters, for buffers not.
> Is it possible to make the syntax of these two the same, because their
> usage parallels each other?

Hi Hans,

I wonder whether any of these two options may help you:

    \setuptyping[buffer][style=\ttx]
    \startbuffer[test]
    content of buffer
    \stopbuffer
    \starttext
        \typebuffer[test][style=\ss\red]
        \typefile[style=\ttx\blue]{test.txt}
    \stoptext

Again, just in case it might help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: typebuffer different from typefile
@ 2016-04-24 15:20   ` Meer, Hans van der
From: Meer, Hans van der @ 2016-04-24 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

The point is not that I am without options for a practical solution here.
My point is that the difference between \typebuffer and \typefile breaks the strict and so much appreciated congruence between like macro calls.
Therefore my post must rather be seen as a plea to the maintainer(s) of these to consider a change in the given direction.

Hans van der Meer