* starting cambria font?
@ 2011-11-28 12:48 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2011-11-28 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt NTG

Maybe someone more knowledgeable about fonts can tell what is amiss.
I typeset my documents in Lucida Bright with Lucida Math from the old pfb's (the orf version not being available). But there are some gaps in Lucida's math fonts and its implementation in ConTeXt.
So I started to switch to another one, at least for the time being, and thought cambria would be the one as I have seen some people on this list about it.
But changing t{lucida,sans,12pt} to {cambria,sans,12pt} doesn't work for me. I get an error:

! Missing font identifier.
system          > tex > error on line 35 in file syllabus-test.tex: Missing font identifier …
..
<to be read again>
                   \*cambria7ptmmmr33*
\@@ff:cambria:12pt:mm:mr: ... \*cambria7ptmmmr33*
                                                  \scriptfont \mrfam \*cambr...
\dosetmathfamily ...c!mm :#2:\fontsize \endcsname
                                                  \else \dosetmathfamilyinde...

I have downloaded the beta: ConTeXt  ver: 2011.11.23 18:58 MKIV
Is this one incomplete? Or are the cambria fonts not free?
I would appreciate some enlightment.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: starting cambria font?
@ 2011-11-28 13:11 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2011-11-28 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi HAns,

for sure Cambria is not in the distro because it is a MIcrosoft font. They distribute this one with Office and other programmes. May  be that you will be able to get the font through a viewer for Powepoint.

Willi