* Configuration of SciTE under Linux
@ 2004-07-04 16:38 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-07-04 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Contexters

As a bit of a newby on the Linux platform I can't get running everything
as wanted.

One of the problems I have is, that I am unable to compile a TeX source
from within SciTE.

I got the context.properties and the SciTEUsers.properties in my home
directory. The other porperties files were copied into the SciTE directory.

In SciteUsers.properties I have set the path to the location where the
scripts are:

path.context.rubyscripts=/usr/local/tex/texmf-local/scripts/context/ruby
path.context.perlscripts=/usr/local/tex/texmf-local/scripts/context/perl

nevertheless the scripts are not found. I get the following error in SciTE:

texexec --autopdf --pdf test.tex
sh: line 1: texexec: command not found
>Exit code: 127

On the other hand, running texexec test from the console does result in
the expected test.pdf file.

Is there anyone who has a clue how to solve this?

Kind regards Willi

* Re: Configuration of SciTE under Linux
@ 2004-07-04 20:22 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-07-04 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.07.2004 um 18:38 schrieb Willi Egger:
> path.context.rubyscripts=/usr/local/tex/texmf-local/scripts/context/
> ruby
> path.context.perlscripts=/usr/local/tex/texmf-local/scripts/context/
> perl

> On the other hand, running texexec test from the console does result in
> the expected test.pdf file.

If you use the above paths, you must call the scripts with their
extension (.pl, .rb);
if you call texexec alone in the shell, an other script is called (in
some .../bin path)
that calls the real script.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---