* Force to display page number on the `makeup' page
@ 2015-05-24 18:03 Alexander Shukaev
From: Alexander Shukaev @ 2015-05-24 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I have a special `makeup' for the abstract page:

\definemakeup
[abstractpage]

I also have general `makeup' setup:

\setupmakeup[
  doublesided={no},
    pagestate={start},
         page={yes},
]

The footer is available from general `layout' setup:

\setuplayout[
  footer={16pt},
  header={\zeropoint},
  margin={\zeropoint},
]

Page numbering comes from general `pagenumbering' setup:

\setuppagenumbering
[location={footer}]

I'm aware that `makeup' pages don't display page numbers even though they
can count them with the `pagestate={start}' setting.  However, for this
particular `makeup' (`abstractpage') I would like to force the display of
page number.  I've tried

\startabstractpagemakeup

\setuppagenumbering
[location={footer}]

\stopabstractpagemakeup

in hope that `makeup' simply sets `location=' behind the scenes to hide the
page number, but it seems that I was wrong.  Is it possible to force page
number placement for a particular `makeup'?  Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Alexander

* Re: Force to display page number on the `makeup' page
@ 2015-05-24 18:14 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-05-24 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 24.05.2015 um 20:03 schrieb Alexander Shukaev <haroogan@gmail.com>:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a special `makeup' for the abstract page:
>
> \definemakeup
> [abstractpage]
>
> I also have general `makeup' setup:
>
> \setupmakeup[
>   doublesided={no},
>     pagestate={start},
>          page={yes},
> ]
>
> The footer is available from general `layout' setup:
>
> \setuplayout[
>   footer={16pt},
>   header={\zeropoint},
>   margin={\zeropoint},
> ]
>
> Page numbering comes from general `pagenumbering' setup:
>
> \setuppagenumbering
> [location={footer}]
>
> I'm aware that `makeup' pages don't display page numbers even though they can count them with the `pagestate={start}' setting.  However, for this particular `makeup' (`abstractpage') I would like to force the display of page number.  I've tried
>
> \startabstractpagemakeup
>
> \setuppagenumbering
> [location={footer}]

> \stopabstractpagemakeup
>
> in hope that `makeup' simply sets `location=' behind the scenes to hide the page number, but it seems that I was wrong.  Is it possible to force page number placement for a particular `makeup'?  Thanks a lot.

You can enable the header with the headerstate key and the footer with the footerstate key.

\setupmakeup[standard][pagestate=start]

\starttext

\input knuth

\startmakeup[standard]
\input knuth
\stopmakeup

\input knuth

\startmakeup[standard][headerstate=start]
\input knuth
\stopmakeup

\input knuth

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Force to display page number on the `makeup' page
@ 2015-05-24 19:20   ` Alexander Shukaev
From: Alexander Shukaev @ 2015-05-24 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Wolfgang, that indeed does the trick.

A related question.  I've noticed that global `whitespace' setup is not
recognized by `makeup' environment, i.e.

\setupwhitespace[line]

\definemakeup
[abstractpage]

\startabstractpagemakeup

% `whitespace' is definitely not `line'.

\stopabstractpagemakeup

The trivial and ugly solution is to

\definemakeup
[abstractpage]

\startabstractpagemakeup

\setupwhitespace[line]

% `whitespace' is definitely `line'.

\stopabstractpagemakeup

However, I would prefer

\setupmakeup[
  commands={%
    \setupwhitespace[line]%
  },
]

but it has no effect too.  I would like to know why and if there is a
alternative?

By the way, the similar setting

\setupmakeup[
  commands={%
    \setupinterlinespace[line={4.2ex}]%
  },
]

does have an effect.  Once again, why?  What's the difference in this case?

@ 2015-05-24 19:34     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-05-24 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)