* PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20  5:06 Bart C. Wise
From: Bart C. Wise @ 2009-01-20  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I received the following message from a publisher:

[The PDF generator] you used flattens the file such that is has no meta tags
whatsoever.  We need the tags that give page separations, page count, header
info, etc.

How do I get those meta tags enabled?
Would setting \interaction[state=start] do what's needed?

Running minimals-beta.

Thanks,
Bart

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20  5:53 ` Bart C. Wise
From: Bart C. Wise @ 2009-01-20  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon January 19 2009 10:06:37 pm Bart C. Wise wrote:
> I received the following message from a publisher:
>
> [The PDF generator] you used flattens the file such that is has no meta
> tags whatsoever.  We need the tags that give page separations, page count,
> header info, etc.
>
> How do I get those meta tags enabled?
> Would setting \interaction[state=start] do what's needed?
>
> Running minimals-beta.
Running ConTeXt/LuaTeX.

Bart

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20  8:12   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-01-20  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 6:53 AM, Bart C. Wise
<bntgcontext@wiseguysweb.com>wrote:

> On Mon January 19 2009 10:06:37 pm Bart C. Wise wrote:
> > I received the following message from a publisher:
> >
> > [The PDF generator] you used flattens the file such that is has no meta
> > tags whatsoever.  We need the tags that give page separations, page
> count,
> > header info, etc.
> >
> > How do I get those meta tags enabled?
> > Would setting \interaction[state=start] do what's needed?
> >
> > Running minimals-beta.
> Running ConTeXt/LuaTeX.

Hi bart,
I can't help you
but I remember this
http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/pdfx

--
luigi

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20  8:30 ` Martin Schröder
From: Martin Schröder @ 2009-01-20  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/1/20 Bart C. Wise <bntgcontext@wiseguysweb.com>:
> [The PDF generator] you used flattens the file such that is has no meta tags
> whatsoever.  We need the tags that give page separations, page count, header
> info, etc.

I call that BS: I've never heard of such "meta tags" for PDF giving
the page count. The page count is in the root /Pages object per PDF
specification.

This "meta tags" BS sounds suspiciously like PostScript DSC.

Best
   Martin

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20  8:37   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-01-20  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> whatsoever.  We need the tags that give page separations, page count,
header
> info, etc.
"header info" can call for xmp ?

--
luigi

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20 11:10   ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2009-01-20 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I call that BS: I've never heard of such "meta tags" for PDF giving
> the page count. The page count is in the root /Pages object per PDF
> specification.

  I still suspect Bart's publisher means the tags that are part of
Tagged PDF, even if he doesn't know their actual name, and has clearly
a wrong idea of what they really contain.

  The bad news is, TeX's support for Tagged PDF is very weak.  There
have been some experiments by Han The Thanh recently, but no general
progress that I am aware of.  In any case, generating fully tagged PDF
would need a lot of collaboration between the engine and the macro
package.

> This "meta tags" BS sounds suspiciously like PostScript DSC.

  A bit, but the guy also asks for "header information", which sounds
more like the kind of information you put between PDF's BDC / EMC
operators.

	Arthur

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20 11:33     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-01-20 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Arthur Reutenauer <
arthur.reutenauer@normalesup.org> wrote:

> > I call that BS: I've never heard of such "meta tags" for PDF giving
> > the page count. The page count is in the root /Pages object per PDF
> > specification.
>
>   I still suspect Bart's publisher means the tags that are part of
> Tagged PDF, even if he doesn't know their actual name, and has clearly
> a wrong idea of what they really contain.

to avoid confusione (at least to me):
xmp and Tagged pdf are different things.
--
luigi

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20 13:51       ` Bart C. Wise
                           ` (3 more replies)
From: Bart C. Wise @ 2009-01-20 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tue January 20 2009 4:33:27 am luigi scarso wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Arthur Reutenauer <
>
> arthur.reutenauer@normalesup.org> wrote:
> > > I call that BS: I've never heard of such "meta tags" for PDF giving
> > > the page count. The page count is in the root /Pages object per PDF
> > > specification.
> >
> >   I still suspect Bart's publisher means the tags that are part of
> > Tagged PDF, even if he doesn't know their actual name, and has clearly
> > a wrong idea of what they really contain.
>
> to avoid confusione (at least to me):
> xmp and Tagged pdf are different things.

Thanks to all for the information so far, although from all indications, it
doesn't look promising.

I talked to the publisher again and he said that he would send me the exact
error message, but I have not received it yet.  But he did say that his
printing shop wants the ability to download just the header information from a
pdf rather than the whole pdf file which may be up to 80 mbytes.  From that
header information they will have the ability to render individual pages
rather than the whole document.  For example, they could request page 264 and
render that single page as a jpeg.

Note that this is information from the publisher, not the printing shop that
is doing the work, so technically, the publisher's jargon may be inaccurate,
but a basic understanding of the needed functionality is there.

When I get specific information from the printing shop, I'll pass it along.

As a side note, I have published with them in the past, and this seems to be a
recent change on their part. So I may be able to talk my way into letting them
take the pdf file without the tagged information.

But needless to say, I'm very concerned.  If tagged pdf support is not
available in ConTeXt/LuaTeX, I feel that difficulties are either here now, or at
best, looming on the horizon.

Thanks so much,
Bart

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20 13:59         ` luigi scarso
                           ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-01-20 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I talked to the publisher again and he said that he would send me the exact
> error message, but I have not received it yet.  But he did say that his
> printing shop wants the ability to download just the header information
> from a
> pdf rather than the whole pdf file which may be up to 80 mbytes.  From that
> header information they will have the ability to render individual pages
> rather than the whole document.  For example, they could request page 264
> and
> render that single page as a jpeg.
>
> Note that this is information from the publisher, not the printing shop
> that
> is doing the work, so technically, the publisher's jargon may be
> inaccurate,
> but a basic understanding of the needed functionality is there.
>
> When I get specific information from the printing shop, I'll pass it along.

ok , I'm really interested about it .

--
luigi

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20 14:02         ` Martin Schröder
From: Martin Schröder @ 2009-01-20 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/1/20 Bart C. Wise <bntgcontext@wiseguysweb.com>:
> I talked to the publisher again and he said that he would send me the exact
> error message, but I have not received it yet.  But he did say that his
> printing shop wants the ability to download just the header information from a
> pdf rather than the whole pdf file which may be up to 80 mbytes.  From that
> header information they will have the ability to render individual pages
> rather than the whole document.  For example, they could request page 264 and
> render that single page as a jpeg.

Sounds like they are talking about linearized PDF.
pdfopt from GhostScript can generate that; and of course Acrobat.

Best
   Martin

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20 14:06         ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2009-01-20 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/1/20 Bart C. Wise <bntgcontext@wiseguysweb.com>:
> I talked to the publisher again and he said that he would send me the exact
> error message, but I have not received it yet.  But he did say that his
> printing shop wants the ability to download just the header information from a
> pdf rather than the whole pdf file which may be up to 80 mbytes.  From that
> header information they will have the ability to render individual pages
> rather than the whole document.  For example, they could request page 264 and
> render that single page as a jpeg.

This sounds like "web optimized" PDFs, those contain a second object
index at the start ("normal" PDFs have it at the end), so a *browser*
can request selected pages from the *webserver* without loading the
whole document.

It's meant as a web technology, and I never heard of anyone using it
in a print workflow. But it's not impossible.

Tha has *nothing* to do with tagged PDF!
"Tagged" is a technology to enable re-flowing text contents to e.g.
small devices or extracting of content for alternative readers, e.g.
screenreaders.
PDFs for print should *not* be tagged in this way, for it can confuse
a print workflow.

Printshops should adhere to printing standards like PDF/X-1a and
PDF/X-3 - and these never need web optimization or tagging!

Greetlings, Hraban
(printing engineer and PDF workflow techie)

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20 14:30           ` Bart C. Wise
From: Bart C. Wise @ 2009-01-20 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tue January 20 2009 7:06:58 am Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> 2009/1/20 Bart C. Wise <bntgcontext@wiseguysweb.com>:
> > I talked to the publisher again and he said that he would send me the
> > exact error message, but I have not received it yet.  But he did say that
> > his printing shop wants the ability to download just the header
> > information from a pdf rather than the whole pdf file which may be up to
> > 80 mbytes.  From that header information they will have the ability to
> > render individual pages rather than the whole document.  For example,
> > they could request page 264 and render that single page as a jpeg.
>
> This sounds like "web optimized" PDFs, those contain a second object
> index at the start ("normal" PDFs have it at the end), so a *browser*
> can request selected pages from the *webserver* without loading the
> whole document.
>
> It's meant as a web technology, and I never heard of anyone using it
> in a print workflow. But it's not impossible.
>

> Tha has *nothing* to do with tagged PDF!
> "Tagged" is a technology to enable re-flowing text contents to e.g.
> small devices or extracting of content for alternative readers, e.g.
> screenreaders.
> PDFs for print should *not* be tagged in this way, for it can confuse
> a print workflow.
>
> Printshops should adhere to printing standards like PDF/X-1a and
> PDF/X-3 - and these never need web optimization or tagging!

Excuse the ignorance, but does LuaTeX produce a PDF based on the PDF/X-1a and
PDF/X-3 standards?

Bart

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
                           ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-01-20 15:19         ` Arthur Reutenauer
                             ` (2 more replies)
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2009-01-20 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

>                                                 But he did say that his
> printing shop wants the ability to download just the header information from a
> pdf rather than the whole pdf file which may be up to 80 mbytes.

  OK.  That's not Tagged PDF.  Tagged PDF's main features focus on
accessibility, adding information for the visually impaired (you can, for
example, tag some text as part of the page header, by contrast to the
page body: an application that reads the document out loud would know
not to read that part).  It also allows better archiving (the PDF/A
standard).  All concerns very distinct from the needs of publishers.

  I'm just learning about XMP (Extensible Metadata Platform) which Luigi
mentioned, but it doesn't really look like it contains the information
you mention (although you can apparently add all sort of metadata,
including images).

  Actually, the kind of information the printing shop asks for is
available in any PDF file in a straightforward way: the very format has
been designed so that all the PDF objects can be accessed directly with
extreme efficience (there is a cross-reference table with the byte
offsets to every object inside the file).  Individual pages are objects
in a PDF file; they contain references to the resources needed to render
them (fonts, images, etc.), so the basic functionality to render each
page individually is already present in the format.  And it's been there
from day one -- which is, by the way, the reason why the insides of a
PDF file look so undecipherable to the human eye: it's designed to be
efficient to process automatically, not to be read by a programmer.  By
contrast, an XML-based format would be (somewhat) more human-friendly,
but much slower to parse.

  There's a variation on this basic feature: if you look at a PDF file
over the Internet, the cross-reference table isn't conveniently located
because it is at the very end of the file; so you need to download the
entire file before your PDF viewer can start displaying it (I think the
argument behind that design decision was that a PDF-producing
application only knows the entire list of objects at the end of the
first pass, and can thus output the whole file sequentially in a single
pass.  Of course that clashes directly with the needs of PDF-consuming
applications).  To circumvent this, Adobe devised a special type of
object that contains the same information as the cross-reference table,
which you can put at the very beginning of the file, together with the
material needed to render the first pages.  This is Linearized PDF
(sometimes, confusingly enough, called "optimized" PDF).  It's rather
unlikely that it'd be what your printer wants (I suppose the file is
already available on disk somewhere), but in any case, Ghostscript can
produce it with the utility pdfopt.  ConTeXt isn't able to produce it;
it has been ruled that it was beyond the scope of pdfTeX and luaTeX.

> When I get specific information from the printing shop, I'll pass it along.

  I'm interested, too.

> But needless to say, I'm very concerned.  If tagged pdf support is not
> available in ConTeXt/LuaTeX, I feel that difficulties are either here now, or at
> best, looming on the horizon.

  Why?  There's progress made every day.  Tagged PDF is indeed a problem
for the moment, but it's clearly not the feature your printer asks for,
and as a rule, you can be sure that if some functionality is essential
to publishers, it will be added quickly to ConTeXt :-)

	Arthur

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20 15:26           ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-01-20 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

>  I'm just learning about XMP (Extensible Metadata Platform) which Luigi
> mentioned, but it doesn't really look like it contains the information
> you mention (although you can apparently add all sort of metadata,
> including images).

yes and
XMP is not only for pdf :
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/xmplibrary/

--
luigi

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-20 16:00           ` Bart C. Wise
From: Bart C. Wise @ 2009-01-20 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tuesday 20 January 2009 08:19:04 am Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
> [...]
> unlikely that it'd be what your printer wants (I suppose the file is
> already available on disk somewhere), but in any case, Ghostscript can
> produce it with the utility pdfopt.  ConTeXt isn't able to produce it;
> it has been ruled that it was beyond the scope of pdfTeX and luaTeX.
>
> > When I get specific information from the printing shop, I'll pass it
> > along.
>
>   I'm interested, too.
>
> > But needless to say, I'm very concerned.  If tagged pdf support is not
> > available in ConTeXt/LuaTeX, I feel that difficulties are either here
> > now, or at best, looming on the horizon.
>
>   Why?  There's progress made every day.  Tagged PDF is indeed a problem
> for the moment, but it's clearly not the feature your printer asks for,
> and as a rule, you can be sure that if some functionality is essential
> to publishers, it will be added quickly to ConTeXt :-)

Thanks again to all for the responses.  The information has been very
enlightening.

I have sent an optimized (I know, badly named,) PDF file off to the publisher
and I'm waiting for his response.  From all indications on this thread, I'm
somewhat optimistic that it will solve the problem.  I'll let you know what I
hear back.

Thanks so much again,
Bart

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-21  9:04             ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-01-21  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Bart C. Wise
<bntgcontext@wiseguysweb.com>wrote:

> On Tue January 20 2009 7:06:58 am Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> > 2009/1/20 Bart C. Wise <bntgcontext@wiseguysweb.com>:
> > > I talked to the publisher again and he said that he would send me the
> > > exact error message, but I have not received it yet.  But he did say
> that
> > > his printing shop wants the ability to download just the header
> > > information from a pdf rather than the whole pdf file which may be up
> > > 80 mbytes.  From that header information they will have the ability to
> > > render individual pages rather than the whole document.  For example,
> > > they could request page 264 and render that single page as a jpeg.
> >
> > This sounds like "web optimized" PDFs, those contain a second object
> > index at the start ("normal" PDFs have it at the end), so a *browser*
> > can request selected pages from the *webserver* without loading the
> > whole document.
> >
> > It's meant as a web technology, and I never heard of anyone using it
> > in a print workflow. But it's not impossible.
> >

> > Tha has *nothing* to do with tagged PDF!
> > "Tagged" is a technology to enable re-flowing text contents to e.g.
> > small devices or extracting of content for alternative readers, e.g.
> > screenreaders.
> > PDFs for print should *not* be tagged in this way, for it can confuse
> > a print workflow.
> >
> > Printshops should adhere to printing standards like PDF/X-1a and
> > PDF/X-3 - and these never need web optimization or tagging!
>
> Excuse the ignorance, but does LuaTeX produce a PDF based on the PDF/X-1a
> and
> PDF/X-3 standards?

For ghostscript
 http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/svn/Ps2pdf.htm

for pdftex
 http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/pdfx

I'm not sure if luatex can produce these kind of pdf

--
luigi

* Re: PDF Meta Tags
@ 2009-01-21 11:51             ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2009-01-21 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/1/20 Bart C. Wise <bntgcontext@wiseguysweb.com>:
>> Printshops should adhere to printing standards like PDF/X-1a and
>> PDF/X-3 - and these never need web optimization or tagging!
> Excuse the ignorance, but does LuaTeX produce a PDF based on the PDF/X-1a and
> PDF/X-3 standards?

Not by itself.
Yo have to make sure on your own that your embedded PDFs are ok.
TeX doesn't set any PDF/X "markers" - for it doesn't check embedded
material that would no good idea anyway.
But you can easily prepare PDFs within the borders of PDF/X-1a (e.g.
only CMYK data, no animations) using TeX.
PDF/X-3 is also possible (I guess), but harder (you need the right
color profiles everywhere).
In my experience too much printshops can't handle PDF/X-3 anyway...

Greetlings, Hraban

* Tagged PDF
@ 2010-06-28 14:15           ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-06-28 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.01.2009 um 16:19 schrieb Arthur Reutenauer:

> Tagged PDF is indeed a problem
> for the moment, but it's clearly not the feature your printer asks for,
> and as a rule, you can be sure that if some functionality is essential
> to publishers, it will be added quickly to ConTeXt :-)

Hi Hans,

these wise words were written 1 1/2 years ago ...  and publishers indeed more and more often ask for that!

For me, the only way to do tagging is with AcrobatPro.

But as LuaTeX made so much progress in the last 18 month, maybe is there also some break-through on this topic?

Steffen

* Re: Tagged PDF
@ 2013-08-15  8:40   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2013-08-15  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.08.2013 09:05, schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2013, D. K. wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> in my quest to generate tagged pdf's that meet nowaday's accessibility
>> requirements (it seems to me that tags are the major hurdle when using
>> tex), I came around context.
>>
>> There is a very interesting article on how to generate tagged pdf's with
>> context mkiv.
>> http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/tb31-3/tb99hagen.pdf
>>
>> A quick sample run of the examples shown in the above pdf with context
>> however doesn't yield a nice result. Checking with the pdf accessibility
>> checker
>> http://www.access-for-all.ch/en/pdf-lab/pdf-accessibility-checker-pac.html
>>
>> for example, the generated pdf fails completely and is not considered
>> to be
>> tagged.
>>
>> Could someone point me in the right direction? Is there any kind of
>> tutorial or minimal example from where I could work on? Are there any
>> (hidden) options that need to be set in order to activate tagging
>> support?
>
> Have you seen http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDFX

Tagging is part of PDF/A, but the interface is the same.

"pdf/a-1a:2005" and "pdf/a-1b:2005" are the used 'format' names for
PDF/A. Never used it myself, so I can't tell much about it.

Peter

* Re: Tagged PDF
@ 2013-08-15  7:05 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-08-15  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013, D. K. wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> in my quest to generate tagged pdf's that meet nowaday's accessibility
> requirements (it seems to me that tags are the major hurdle when using
> tex), I came around context.
>
> There is a very interesting article on how to generate tagged pdf's with
> context mkiv.
> http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/tb31-3/tb99hagen.pdf
>
> A quick sample run of the examples shown in the above pdf with context
> however doesn't yield a nice result. Checking with the pdf accessibility
> checker
> http://www.access-for-all.ch/en/pdf-lab/pdf-accessibility-checker-pac.html
> for example, the generated pdf fails completely and is not considered to be
> tagged.
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction? Is there any kind of
> tutorial or minimal example from where I could work on? Are there any
> (hidden) options that need to be set in order to activate tagging support?

Have you seen http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDFX

Aditya

* Tagged PDF
@ 2013-08-14 21:17 D. K.
From: D. K. @ 2013-08-14 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

[...]

kind regards

* Re: Tagged PDF
@ 2012-07-11  2:35   ` Wray, Paul
From: Wray, Paul @ 2012-07-11  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, that works now.
I will also need to emit accessible alternate text for images, but this
is not a tag in its own right, it appears to be an attribute of the
<figure> tag. Is this possible?

Paul

From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-07-10  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10-7-2012 04:26, Wray, Paul wrote:

> \setupstructure[state=start]

it's

\setuptagging[state=start]

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Tagged PDF
@ 2012-07-10  6:35 ` Shriramana Sharma
From: Shriramana Sharma @ 2012-07-10  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Wray, Paul <Paul.Wray@det.nsw.edu.au> wrote:
> We aim to produce PDFs that are accessible to screen reader users and for
> that reason we would like to create tagged PDFs.

I would also like to see tagged PDFs because I use Indic scripts which
have a non-linear character-glyph correspondence, so without tags PDF
content is not copy-pastable to other applications. I would also like
to be able to enable tagged PDF production where the underlying
character sequences is embedded in the PDF. I understand this will
increase the PDF size and it is not an issue for me, but being able to
copy-paste is.

Thanks!

--
Shriramana Sharma

* Tagged PDF
@ 2012-07-10  2:26 Wray, Paul
From: Wray, Paul @ 2012-07-10  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello all

First of all I must say that I am a complete newbie to the TeX world.

I am evaluating Context for generation of PDFs for educational use. We
aim to produce PDFs that are accessible to screen reader users and for
that reason we would like to create tagged PDFs. My initial experiments
with tagged PDF have so far been unsuccessful.

I am using ConTeXT standalone,  (ConTeXT ver: 2012.07.07 MKIV
fmt:2012.7.8 int: english/english ).

I am using this tex file as a test input (have left in line breaks in
case that is significant):

\setupstructure[state=start]

\starttext

\startbodymatter

\startchapter[title=Chapter 1]

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

\stopchapter

\startchapter[title=Chapter 2]

Now is the time for all good people to come to the aid of the party.

\stopchapter

\stopbodymatter

\stoptext

When I open the resulting PDF in Adobe Acrobat 10.0.3 and show the tags
navigation pane, it says "No tags available". Can anyone suggest what I
am doing wrong?

Paul Wray

* Re: Tagged PDF
@ 2011-03-08 19:39   ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-03-08 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/3/8 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>

> > Is it possible to make tagged PDF's with ConTeXt?
>
> Yes but you need mkiv.
>
> You need \setupstructure[state=start] at the begin to enable it. It’s also
> important to use the start/stop commands (e.g. \startchapter) for headings.

Okay, thanks. I first need to 'finish' my e-book. But it is good to know
that I can create tagged PDF documents. (Handy for PDA's and the like.) I
see that I really need to upgrade to MKIV. Let's put a higher priority on
that. ;-}

--
Cecil Westerhof

* Re: Tagged PDF
@ 2011-03-08 19:31 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-03-08 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.03.2011 um 20:14 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:

> Is it possible to make tagged PDF's with ConTeXt?

Yes but you need mkiv.

You need \setupstructure[state=start] at the begin to enable it. It’s also important to use the start/stop commands (e.g. \startchapter) for headings.

Wolfgang

* Tagged PDF
@ 2011-03-08 19:14 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-03-08 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)