* Mojca, Miktex, and seeming success!
@ 2008-10-02 20:53 dwarnold45
From: dwarnold45 @ 2008-10-02 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Mojca,

OK, saw your new post on:

http://blog.miktex.org/post/2008/05/ConTeXt-support.aspx

So, I extracted cont-tfm.zip to c:\Contet, used Miktex2.7->Settings to add it as a Root, refreshed the filename database, but the formats will still not build in Miktext2.7->Settings->Format cont-en.pdftex.

Creating the cont-en.pdftex format file...
Running pdftex...
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.4 (MiKTeX 2.7) (INITEX)

entering extended mode

("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\tex\context\config\cont-en.ini")

! Emergency stop.

<*> cont-en.ini

No pages of output.

Transcript written on cont-en.log.

makefmt: pdftex failed on cont-en.ini.
initexmf.EXE: The operation failed for some reason.

And my new format attempt won't build either:

("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\tex\context\patterns\lang-hu.pat"

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pattern memory=300000].

l.1243 ^^c3^^a1h1ors

No pages of output.

Transcript written on cont-en.log.

makefmt: pdftex failed on cont-en.tex.
initexmf.EXE: The operation failed for some reason.

Finally, I gave up on trying to use Miktex2.7->Settings to build the formats, opened a DOS box, and typed:

$ texmfstart texexec --make --all

I refreshed the filename database, now things seemingly work.

This file:

\starttext
Hello, World!
\stoptext

Does compile with:

$ texmfstart texexec --pdf junk.tex

And this file:

input mp-tool

beginfig(1);

numeric u;
10u=4in;

drawdblarrow (-5u,0)--(5u,0);
label.rt(btex $\theta$ etex, (5u,0));
drawdblarrow (0,-5u)--(0,5u);
label.top(btex $\phi$ etex, (0,5u));

endfig;

end.

Does compile with:

$ mpost junk.mp

And more importantly, mptopdf now seemingly works, as I can now do:

$ mptopdf junk.1

Which produces junk-1.pdf and opens correctly with the correct fonts.

So, we'll see how this stands up ....

Thanks for the help.

Still open to further suggestion if any critique of my method.

D.