* Unnumbered chapters before the ToC
@ 2014-01-15 14:36 Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2014-01-15 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

Is there, in a book-project, a way to place unnumbered chapters, in casu Acknowledgements and Abstract, in the FrontMatter before the ToC, but still mentioned in the ToC?

(no idea why this would be required)
Thanks in advance for any advice,

Robert Blackstone

* Re: Unnumbered chapters before the ToC
@ 2014-01-15 14:47 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-01-15 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.01.2014 um 15:36 schrieb Robert Blackstone <blackstone.robert@gmail.com>:

> Dear all,
>
> Is there, in a book-project, a way to place unnumbered chapters, in casu Acknowledgements and Abstract, in the FrontMatter before the ToC, but still mentioned in the ToC?

\definehead[prechapter][chapter]
\setuphead [prechapter][number=no,incrementnumber=list]

\starttext

\prechapter{Unnumbered chapter}

\title{Contents}

\placelist[prechapter,chapter]

\chapter{Numbered chapter}

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Unnumbered chapters before the ToC
       [not found] <mailman.1.1389870001.20619.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2014-01-16 12:06 ` Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2014-01-16 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 16 Jan 2014, at 12:00 ,Robert Blackstone <r.blackstone@planet.nl wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Is there, in a book-project, a way to place unnumbered chapters, in casu Acknowledgements and Abstract, in the FrontMatter before the ToC, but still mentioned in the ToC?
> etc.
Please forget this message. The problem is solved. (I assume this was re-posted because initially I used a wrong email address).

@ 2014-01-16  1:17   ` Zhichu Chen
From: Zhichu Chen @ 2014-01-16  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Robert,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 5:51 AM, Robert Blackstone <
blackstone.robert@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 Jan 2014, at 21:54 , Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com>
>  wrote:
>
> Am 15.01.2014 um 15:36 schrieb Robert Blackstone <
> blackstone.robert@gmail.com>:
>
> Dear all,
>
> Is there, in a book-project, a way to place unnumbered chapters, in casu
> Acknowledgements and Abstract, in the FrontMatter before the ToC, but still
> mentioned in the ToC?
>

> \definehead[prechapter][chapter]
> \setuphead [prechapter][number=no,incrementnumber=list]
>
> \starttext
>
> \prechapter{Unnumbered chapter}
>
> \title{Contents}
>
> \placelist[prechapter,chapter]
>
> \chapter{Numbered chapter}
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang
>

> Thank you Wolfgang. This works and it will very likely also work for my
> project.
> I'm afrraid though that I left out an important detail, namely that the
> ToC itself must be mentioned in the ToC.
> What I'm expected to emulate is the following: (with real pagenumbers of
> course)
>
> *CONTENTS*
>
> *Acknowledgements* i
> *Abstract* ii
> *Contents* iii
> *List of Illusttratiions* iv
> *List of Tables* v
> *Abbreviations and Library sigla* vi
> *Preface* vii
>
> Chapter 1 8
> Chapter 2 etc.
>
> So my real question should have been: Is there a way to place the ToC in
> an unnumbered chapter, which should not be at the very beginning of the
> book?
> But you have suggested the answer already: Changing \title{Contents} to
> \prechapter{Contents} does just that. Clean solution for an, imho,  odd
> request.

Please use:
\completecontent[criterium=all]
to generate the ToC, and set
\setupcombinedlist
  [content]
  [list={title,chapter,section,subsection}]
to include the entries you want.

> Best regards,
> Robert Blackstone

Best Regards
Chen

* Re: Unnumbered chapters before the ToC
       [not found] <mailman.274.1389819267.2180.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2014-01-15 21:51 ` Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2014-01-15 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

 wrote:

> Am 15.01.2014 um 15:36 schrieb Robert Blackstone <blackstone.robert@gmail.com>:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Is there, in a book-project, a way to place unnumbered chapters, in casu Acknowledgements and Abstract, in the FrontMatter before the ToC, but still mentioned in the ToC?
>
> \definehead[prechapter][chapter]
> \setuphead [prechapter][number=no,incrementnumber=list]
>
> \starttext
>
> \prechapter{Unnumbered chapter}
>
> \title{Contents}
>
> \placelist[prechapter,chapter]
>
> \chapter{Numbered chapter}
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Thank you Wolfgang. This works and it will very likely also work for my project.
I'm afrraid though that I left out an important detail, namely that the ToC itself must be mentioned in the ToC.
What I'm expected to emulate is the following: (with real pagenumbers of course)

CONTENTS

Acknowledgements				i
Abstract							ii
Contents						iii