* Counter for section heads
@ 2011-10-07  4:27 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-10-07  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to obtain the total number of sections at a particular depth, and
thought that I could get that using \laststructurecounter{....}. But, I
cannot find the name of the counter associated with sections.

Is there a macro or a lua function that returns the name of a counter for
the current section (that can then be used by \laststructurecounter)?

Is there any other way to find the number of sections at the current
depth. For example, this document

~~~
\section {one}

\subsection{1} \subsection{2} \subsection{3}
~~~

has one section at depth 1 and three sectons at depth 2.

Aditya

* Re: Counter for section heads
@ 2011-10-07  7:28 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-10-07  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.10.2011 um 06:27 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> I want to obtain the total number of sections at a particular depth, and thought that I could get that using \laststructurecounter{....}. But, I cannot find the name of the counter associated with sections.
>
> Is there a macro or a lua function that returns the name of a counter for the current section (that can then be used by \laststructurecounter)?
>
> Is there any other way to find the number of sections at the current depth. For example, this document
>
> ~~~
> \section {one}
>
> \subsection{1} \subsection{2} \subsection{3}
> ~~~
>
> has one section at depth 1 and three sectons at depth 2.

\definestructureconversionset[default][n,n,A,I][n]

\starttext

\section {one}

\subsection{1} \subsection{2} \subsection{3}

Raw number:
\namedheadnumber{section}
\namedheadnumber{subsection}

Converted number:
\headnumber[section]
\headnumber[subsection]

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Counter for section heads
@ 2011-10-07 17:29   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-10-07 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 07.10.2011 um 06:27 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>
>> I want to obtain the total number of sections at a particular depth, and thought that I could get that using \laststructurecounter{....}. But, I cannot find the name of the counter associated with sections.
>>
>> Is there a macro or a lua function that returns the name of a counter for the current section (that can then be used by \laststructurecounter)?
>>
>> Is there any other way to find the number of sections at the current depth. For example, this document
>>
>> ~~~
>> \section {one}
>>
>> \subsection{1} \subsection{2} \subsection{3}
>> ~~~
>>
>> has one section at depth 1 and three sectons at depth 2.
>
> \definestructureconversionset[default][n,n,A,I][n]
>
> \starttext
>
> \section {one}
>
> \subsection{1} \subsection{2} \subsection{3}
>
> Raw number:
> \namedheadnumber{section}
> \namedheadnumber{subsection}
>
> Converted number:
> \headnumber[section]
> \headnumber[subsection]
>
> \stoptext

This  gives the value of the number. Is there a way to get the
structurecounter associated with it? I am interested in also finding the
total number of sections at the current level (equivalent to
\laststructurecounter[...]).

Thanks,

@ 2011-10-07 17:56     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-10-07 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.10.2011 um 19:29 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> On Fri, 7 Oct 2011, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>

>> Am 07.10.2011 um 06:27 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>>
>>> I want to obtain the total number of sections at a particular depth, and thought that I could get that using \laststructurecounter{....}. But, I cannot find the name of the counter associated with sections.
>>>
>>> Is there a macro or a lua function that returns the name of a counter for the current section (that can then be used by \laststructurecounter)?
>>>
>>> Is there any other way to find the number of sections at the current depth. For example, this document
>>>
>>> ~~~
>>> \section {one}
>>>
>>> \subsection{1} \subsection{2} \subsection{3}
>>> ~~~
>>>
>>> has one section at depth 1 and three sectons at depth 2.
>>
>> \definestructureconversionset[default][n,n,A,I][n]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \section {one}
>>
>> \subsection{1} \subsection{2} \subsection{3}
>>
>> Raw number:
>> \namedheadnumber{section}
>> \namedheadnumber{subsection}
>>
>> Converted number:
>> \headnumber[section]
>> \headnumber[subsection]
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> This  gives the value of the number. Is there a way to get the structurecounter associated with it? I am interested in also finding the total number of sections at the current level (equivalent to \laststructurecounter[...]).

\setuphead[section][textstyle=\tt,page=yes]

\starttext

\dorecurse{2}
  {\section{[[#1]]}
   \dorecurse{\numexpr#1+2\relax}
     {\subsection{[[#1-##1]]}
      \starttabulate
      \NC First   \EQ \somenamedheadnumber{subsection}{first}   \NC\NR
      \NC Current \EQ \somenamedheadnumber{subsection}{current} \NC\NR
      \NC Last    \EQ \somenamedheadnumber{subsection}{last}    \NC\NR
      \stoptabulate}}

\stoptext

See also:
- http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Thumb_index
- http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Last_Head_Number

Wolfgang

* Re: Counter for section heads
@ 2011-10-07 18:21       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-10-07 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> \setuphead[section][textstyle=\tt,page=yes]
>
> \starttext
>
> \dorecurse{2}
>  {\section{[[#1]]}
>   \dorecurse{\numexpr#1+2\relax}
>     {\subsection{[[#1-##1]]}
>      \starttabulate
>      \NC First   \EQ \somenamedheadnumber{subsection}{first}   \NC\NR
>      \NC Current \EQ \somenamedheadnumber{subsection}{current} \NC\NR
>      \NC Last    \EQ \somenamedheadnumber{subsection}{last}    \NC\NR
>      \stoptabulate}}
>
> \stoptext
>
> See also:
> - http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Thumb_index