From: "Keith J. Schultz" <keithjschultz@web.de>
Subject: Re: Feedback wanted on a ConTeXt tutorial
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 09:35:31 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Mari,

As some already mentioned "In" <OS> is not correct either use
<OS> or "On"!

In section 1.1.1 the last sentence is:
	TeXLive comes with a quite nice editor, TeXShop, that works well with ConTEXt

   1) Missing period
   2) TeXShop is Mac only. You probably meant to to say TeXWorks!
      TeXWorks is based on TeXShop. I do not know if it runs on Windows.

In section 1.1.2 in the last sentence you write:
     […] and (abt 40 euros; a non-commercial licence is cheaper) […]

    1) I do not get this? Where do you buy it? Never new you could buy it!
    2) On can install the ConTeXt Standalone and download TeXShop,
       very little effort is needed to direct TeXShop to the standalone
       version. Switching between TeXLive and Standalone is then easy.
    3) I could write up a tutorial for installing and TeXlive and Standalone
       if you care for one.

Furthermore, Mac OS is a Unix system, though most do not realize this.
Also, It might be best to point to the wiki for installing ConTeXt.

In section 2.2 you talk about command, yet you forget to mention that commands
can have a "setup"-command. I believe it is important to mention this as
it is a integral part of ConTeXt and very important when using it as you example
commands show.

In general I would say your general way of going about things are O.K.
Yet, I have one problem.  I personally believe you should go into more
detail about the relationship between typesetting, layout and ConTeXt.
It depends if you are writing a getting started manual or want to write
a comprehensive tutorial.

I myself started on a tutorial as I find the contextref not comprehensive
enough and it really does not go into the caveats and use of all the options
of the commands therein. My idea was to divide the section into basics and
explanation of the options and advanced usage.

Hope this helps.

Keep up the good work.

reagrds
	Keith.