* Installation problem (was Updates without rsync)
@ 2009-06-01  8:56 richard.stephens
From: richard.stephens @ 2009-06-01  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello everyone,

I wanted to get a clean, up-to-date installation of Context on Windows
(without using rsync), so started from scratch as follows:

1. Downloaded
http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/install/minimals-snapshot-mswin.zip
2. Unzipped to C:\Tools\context
3. Renamed C:\Tools\context\texmf-context to texmf-context-old
4. Downloaded cont-tmf.zip and unzipped contents to
c:\Tools\context\texmf-context
3. From command window, ran:
      cd \Tools\context
      setuptex\0      mktexlsr\0      luatools --generate\0      luatools
--selfupdate\0      mtxrun   --selfupdate\0      texexec --make\0      context
--make
4. To generate new pdf, ran:\0      context testdoc.tex

Everything seemed to execute without errors until the last step which
returned:

MtxRun | loading configuration for C:/Tools/context/texmf/web2c from
C:/Tools/context/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/b7bcb6722e1fe509b85ff004c33e8274/trees/90e2367b37b32bcc25e442581c9e72e2
MtxRun | run 1: luatex
--fmt="C:/Tools/context/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/b7bcb6722e1fe509b85ff004c33e8274/formats/cont-en"

--lua="C:/Tools/context/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/b7bcb6722e1fe509b85ff004c33e8274/formats/cont-en.lua"
 "./testdoc.tex"
luatex.exe:
C:/Tools/context/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/b7bcb6722e1fe509b85ff004c33e8274/formats/cont-en.fmt:
 No such file or directory
MtxRun | fatal error, code: 1

Looking at the source directory, a file "testdoc.top" has been created but
nothing else.

Can someone please point me towards a next step?

Thanks,

Richard

P.S. I tried copying cont-en.fmt from
"C:\Tools\context\texmf-mswin\web2c\luatex\pdftex" to the cache directory
but got "Fatal format file error, I'm stymied".

Converteam UK Ltd. Registration Number: 5571739 and Converteam Ltd. Registration Number: 2416188
Registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Boughton Road, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1BU.

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.

* Re: Installation problem (was Updates without rsync)
@ 2009-06-01  9:08 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-06-01  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:56,  <richard.stephens@converteam.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I wanted to get a clean, up-to-date installation of Context on Windows
> (without using rsync), so started from scratch as follows:
>
> 1. Downloaded
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/install/minimals-snapshot-mswin.zip
> 2. Unzipped to C:\Tools\context
> 3. Renamed C:\Tools\context\texmf-context to texmf-context-old
> 4. Downloaded cont-tmf.zip and unzipped contents to
> c:\Tools\context\texmf-context
> 3. From command window, ran:
>      cd \Tools\context
>      setuptex       mktexlsr       luatools --generate       luatools
> --selfupdate       mtxrun   --selfupdate       texexec --make       context
> --make
> 4. To generate new pdf, ran:       context testdoc.tex
>
> Everything seemed to execute without errors until the last step which
> returned:

Can you try to run "luatools --generate" once more after "context --make"?

Mojca

* Re: Installation problem (was Updates without rsync)
@ 2009-06-01  9:45 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-06-01  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.06.2009 um 10:56 schrieb richard.stephens@converteam.com:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I wanted to get a clean, up-to-date installation of Context on Windows
> (without using rsync), so started from scratch as follows:
>
> 1. Downloaded
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/install/minimals-snapshot-mswin.zip
> 2. Unzipped to C:\Tools\context
> 3. Renamed C:\Tools\context\texmf-context to texmf-context-old
> 4. Downloaded cont-tmf.zip and unzipped contents to

Do you downloaded the current or the beta version, the current is

   http://pragma-ade.nl/download-1.htm

and the beta is

   http://pragma-ade.nl/download-2.htm

Wolfgang

* Re: Installation problem (was Updates without rsync)
       [not found] <mailman.1076.1243931919.3589.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-06-02  9:48 ` richard.stephens
From: richard.stephens @ 2009-06-02  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>> All I've got to do now is get Scite working again :-(

> Why not Emacs :) It's also quite nice for ConTeXt.
>
> P.

I used Emacs when I was young and idealistic, but over the years all those
keyboard commands have been beaten out of me and it's beyond me now ;-)
I did try it again recently in a flood of nostalgia, but I just couldn't
get to grips with it again.

Scite is okay, and hitting F7 to build a document is handy. It's missing a
few features, though, which would make it great e.g. a user-configurable
toolbar, so that we could add toolbar icons for ConTeXt commands (I'm
always forgetting the order of options and a button which inserted a
\placefigure command with reminders would be fantastic).

Anyway, that's a bit off topic.

Regards,

Richard

@ 2009-06-02  8:23   ` Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2009-06-02  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/6/2  <richard.stephens@converteam.com>:

>> I wanted to get a clean, up-to-date installation of Context on Windows
>> (without using rsync), so started from scratch as follows:
>>
>> 1. Downloaded
>> http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/install/minimals-snapshot-mswin.zip
>> 2. Unzipped to C:\Tools\context
>> 3. Renamed C:\Tools\context\texmf-context to texmf-context-old
>> 4. Downloaded cont-tmf.zip and unzipped contents to
>> c:\Tools\context\texmf-context
>> 3. From command window, ran:
>>       cd \Tools\context
>>       setuptex      mktexlsr      luatools --generate      luatools
>> --selfupdate      mtxrun   --selfupdate      texexec --make      context
>> --make
>> 4. To generate new pdf, ran:      context testdoc.tex
>>
>> Everything seemed to execute without errors until the last step which
>> returned:
>>
>> MtxRun | loading configuration for C:/Tools/context/texmf/web2c from
>> C:/Tools/context/texmf-cache/luatex-
>>
> cache/context/b7bcb6722e1fe509b85ff004c33e8274/trees/90e2367b37b32bcc25e442581c9e72e2
>
>> MtxRun | run 1: luatex
>> --fmt="C:/Tools/context/texmf-cache/luatex-
>> cache/context/b7bcb6722e1fe509b85ff004c33e8274/formats/cont-en"
>>
>> --lua="C:/Tools/context/texmf-cache/luatex-
>> cache/context/b7bcb6722e1fe509b85ff004c33e8274/formats/cont-en.lua"
>>  "./testdoc.tex"
>> luatex.exe:
>> C:/Tools/context/texmf-cache/luatex-
>> cache/context/b7bcb6722e1fe509b85ff004c33e8274/formats/cont-en.fmt:
>>  No such file or directory
>> MtxRun | fatal error, code: 1
>>
>> Looking at the source directory, a file "testdoc.top" has been created
> but
>> nothing else.
>>
>> Can someone please point me towards a next step?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> P.S. I tried copying cont-en.fmt from
>> "C:\Tools\context\texmf-mswin\web2c\luatex\pdftex" to the cache directory
>> but got "Fatal format file error, I'm stymied".
>
> I was trying various things and downloaded the beta version of cont-tmf.zip
> (from http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-2.htm ) instead of the current
> version and it all works, hooray!
> Thank-you, everyone, for your help. I'm so pleased to be able to use MKIV
> now for the first time - it even gives me Helvetica when I ask for it.
> All I've got to do now is get Scite working again :-(
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard
>

> Converteam UK Ltd. Registration Number: 5571739 and Converteam Ltd. Registration Number: 2416188
> Registered in England and Wales.
> Registered office: Boughton Road, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1BU.
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.

http://okle.pl

* Re: Installation problem (was Updates without rsync)
       [not found] <mailman.0.1243850402.9832.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-06-02  8:15 ` richard.stephens
From: richard.stephens @ 2009-06-02  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2009-06-01 12:36 ` richard.stephens
From: richard.stephens @ 2009-06-01 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:56,  <richard.stephens@converteam.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I wanted to get a clean, up-to-date installation of Context on Windows
> > (without using rsync), so started from scratch as follows:
> >
> > 1. Downloaded
> > http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/install/minimals-snapshot-mswin.zip
> > 2. Unzipped to C:\Tools\context
> > 3. Renamed C:\Tools\context\texmf-context to texmf-context-old
> > 4. Downloaded cont-tmf.zip and unzipped contents to
> > c:\Tools\context\texmf-context
> > 3. From command window, ran:
> >      cd \Tools\context
> >      setuptex       mktexlsr       luatools --generate       luatools
> > --selfupdate       mtxrun   --selfupdate       texexec
--make       context
> > --make
> > 4. To generate new pdf, ran:       context testdoc.tex
> >
> > Everything seemed to execute without errors until the last step which
> > returned:
>
> Can you try to run "luatools --generate" once more after "context
--make"?

> Mojca

I tried that - same problem.

> Do you downloaded the current or the beta version, the current is
>
>    http://pragma-ade.nl/download-1.htm
>
> and the beta is
>
>    http://pragma-ade.nl/download-2.htm
>
> Wolfgang

The current version (2008.10.31 13:58 according to "context --version")

Richard