* for luigi's gadget gallery
@ 2012-01-09 16:32 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-01-09 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Luigi,

Do you already have this one ordered?

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/popularis/

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: for luigi's gadget gallery
@ 2012-01-09 16:44 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2012-01-09 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> Hi Luigi,
>
> Do you already have this one ordered?
>
> http://www.artlebedev.com/**everything/optimus/popularis/<http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/popularis/>
>
> Hans
>
> Hm, no.
With two little daughters it's just enough if I'm able to keep safe a
traditional keyboard..
(of course I have another disconnected keyboard, but they like to hit the
connected one...)
Anyway, with 747€ I think I will buy something else....
--
luigi

* Re: for luigi's gadget gallery
@ 2012-01-09 17:19   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-01-09 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9-1-2012 17:44, luigi scarso wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Hans Hagen<pragma@wxs.nl>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Luigi,
>>
>> Do you already have this one ordered?
>>
>> http://www.artlebedev.com/**everything/optimus/popularis/<http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/popularis/>
>>
>> Hans
>>
>> Hm, no.
> With two little daughters it's just enough if I'm able to keep safe a
> traditional keyboard..
> (of course I have another disconnected keyboard, but they like to hit the
> connected one...)
> Anyway, with 747€ I think I will buy something else....

I would not be surprised if at the next context meeting Thomas will have
one ... (and doing a presentation using the upcoming high res macbook,
ipad 3, this keyboard, a 3d beamer with greek/latin/german/english in
parallel) .. after all, he's set the standard now

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-01-09 17:26     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-01-09 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/9/12 6:19 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> I would not be surprised if at the next context meeting Thomas will have
> one ... (and doing a presentation using the upcoming high res macbook,
> ipad 3, this keyboard, a 3d beamer with greek/latin/german/english in
> parallel) .. after all, he's set the standard now
>
> Hans

Nope, I need to keep a low profile. When I was innocently fiddling with
my macbook air and my ipad at a conference a month ago, a colleague
called out "you're such a poser!" So next conference I will try to
impress by being under-equiped: 8 year old clunky laptop running BSD
without graphical desktop, and showing black-and-white printouts instead
of using a projector. That'll learn them!

Thomas

* Re: for luigi's gadget gallery
@ 2012-01-09 17:42       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2012-01-09 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> "you're such a poser!" So next conference I will try to impress by being
> under-equiped: 8 year old clunky laptop running BSD without graphical
> desktop, and showing black-and-white printouts instead of using a projector.
> That'll learn them!

No need for printouts!

http://www.ngolde.de/tpp.html

Aditya

* Re: for luigi's gadget gallery
@ 2012-01-09 17:58       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-01-09 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9-1-2012 18:26, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> On 1/9/12 6:19 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> I would not be surprised if at the next context meeting Thomas will have
>> one ... (and doing a presentation using the upcoming high res macbook,
>> ipad 3, this keyboard, a 3d beamer with greek/latin/german/english in
>> parallel) .. after all, he's set the standard now
>>
>> Hans
>
> Nope, I need to keep a low profile. When I was innocently fiddling with
> my macbook air and my ipad at a conference a month ago, a colleague
> called out "you're such a poser!" So next conference I will try to
> impress by being under-equiped: 8 year old clunky laptop running BSD
> without graphical desktop, and showing black-and-white printouts instead
> of using a projector. That'll learn them!

Ok, so you can join our pet project and use the 35 euro
http://www.raspberrypi.org (Luigi already managed to make a luatex for
that arm thing and mojca support it on the garden).

(But I really liked your subtle usage of a pad in combination with the
regular laptop.)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-01-09 20:33         ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2012-01-09 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.01.2012 um 18:58 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 9-1-2012 18:26, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>> On 1/9/12 6:19 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>> I would not be surprised if at the next context meeting Thomas will have
>>> one ... (and doing a presentation using the upcoming high res macbook,
>>> ipad 3, this keyboard, a 3d beamer with greek/latin/german/english in
>>> parallel) .. after all, he's set the standard now
>>>
>>> Hans
>>
>> Nope, I need to keep a low profile. When I was innocently fiddling with
>> my macbook air and my ipad at a conference a month ago, a colleague
>> called out "you're such a poser!" So next conference I will try to
>> impress by being under-equiped: 8 year old clunky laptop running BSD
>> without graphical desktop, and showing black-and-white printouts instead
>> of using a projector. That'll learn them!
>
> Ok, so you can join our pet project and use the 35 euro http://www.raspberrypi.org (Luigi already managed to make a luatex for that arm thing and mojca support it on the garden).
>
> (But I really liked your subtle usage of a pad in combination with the regular laptop.)

OLPC just managed to create a pad under 100 euro!

http://laptop.org/en/laptop/hardware/xo3.shtml

Steffen

* Re: for luigi's gadget gallery
@ 2012-01-09 21:21         ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-01-09 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 01/09/2012 06:42 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> showing black-and-white printouts instead of using a projector.
>> That'll learn them!
>
> No need for printouts!
>
> http://www.ngolde.de/tpp.html

I gotta try this out one of these days!