* Pretty printer for matlab
@ 2019-02-21 13:25 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2019-02-21 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Is there a pretty printer file to typeset Matlab codes?
Actually I would like to modify such a file in order to define a typing environment to typeset portions of codes written for Scilab, which is a sort of free version of Matlab.

Thanks for any comment and help: OK

* Re: Pretty printer for matlab
@ 2019-02-21 13:43 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2019-02-21 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 14:25:03 +0100
Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a pretty printer file to typeset Matlab codes?

How about Aditya's vim module? It supports Matlab:

\usemodule [vim]
\definevimtyping [matlab] [syntax=matlab]
\starttext
\startmatlab
  …
\stopmatlab
\stoptext

Marco

* Re: Pretty printer for matlab
@ 2019-02-21 14:10   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2019-02-21 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Marco,

Thanks for pointing to that module, which I didn't know because I never use vim…
I just tested it and seems fine, but I would need to modify some of the keywords of Matlab in order to adapt them to Scilab.
However I didn't find where those keywords are defined in the vim module.

Best regards: OK

@ 2019-02-21 14:31     ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2019-02-21 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 15:10:27 +0100
Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for pointing to that module, which I didn't know because I
> never use vim… I just tested it and seems fine, but I would need to
> modify some of the keywords of Matlab in order to adapt them to
> Scilab. However I didn't find where those keywords are defined in the
> vim module.

They're not defined in the vim module. The vim module is just a way
to use vim's syntax highlighting in context. The syntax should be
defined in the vim files <filetype>.vim in the vim directory, e.g.
/usr/share/vim/vim81/syntax/<filetype>.vim if I'm not mistaken.

Have you tried using “syntax=scilab”?

Marco

* Re: Pretty printer for matlab
@ 2019-02-21 15:45       ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2019-02-21 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Marco,

Thanks! I hadn't tries [syntax=scilab], but I just did it and it works exactly as expected!
However I could not edit the file scilab.vim which sits (on my machine) in
	/usr/share/vim/vim80/syntax/scilab.vim

Meanwhile, out of curiosity I modified the two files
	buff-imp-lua.mkiv
	buff-imp-lua.lua
written by Hans, by naming them (temporarily)
	buff-imp-scilab.mkiv
	buff-imp-scilab.lua
and then by saying
	\usemodule[buff-imp-scilab]
	 \definetyping[scilab][option=SCILAB]
I could obtain an approximate good result… But since the keywords in Lua and Scilab are quite different, I could not change some of the settings (for instance in Lua the cosine function is called math.cos while in Scilab it is cos: I could not change appropriately the list of such keywords…).

I think for the time being it is simpler for me to use your solution with
	\usemodule[vim]
	\definevimtyping[scilab][syntax=scilab]

Thanks again,
Best regards: OK