* \pdfinfo in ConTeXt?
@ 2001-12-14 14:07 Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2001-12-14 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

There seems to be a \pdfinfo command (I no nothing more than this name
and that it is supposed to add meta information ot PDF, information that
shows up when your mouse is over an object, I guess). Is something like
that available in ConTeXt?

Thanks,

* Re: \pdfinfo in ConTeXt?
@ 2001-12-14 16:14 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <FF520000-F0C6-11D5-95F7-0003930AD8A4@rna.nl>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-14 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 03:07 PM 12/14/2001 +0100, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>Hello,
>
>There seems to be a \pdfinfo command (I no nothing more than this name and
>that it is supposed to add meta information ot PDF, information that shows
>up when your mouse is over an object, I guess). Is something like that
>available in ConTeXt?

\setupinteraction
   [author=...,
    title=...]

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: \pdfinfo in ConTeXt?
       [not found]   ` <FF520000-F0C6-11D5-95F7-0003930AD8A4@rna.nl>
@ 2001-12-17  9:14     ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]       ` <BD054EB2-F407-11D5-8875-0003930AD8A4@rna.nl>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-17  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 08:15 PM 12/14/2001 +0100, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>On Friday, December 14, 2001, at 05:14 , Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>>At 03:07 PM 12/14/2001 +0100, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>There seems to be a \pdfinfo command (I no nothing more than this name
>>>and that it is supposed to add meta information ot PDF, information that
>>>shows up when your mouse is over an object, I guess). Is something like
>>>that available in ConTeXt?
>>

>>\setupinteraction
>>   [author=...,
>>    title=...]
>
>And how do I check that this info is there in the PDF? Can I do that with
>Acrobat 5?

just view the document properties (arrow at right side of window or menu
options). Or do a grep

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* many questions
@ 2001-12-18 14:36 ` David Chemouil
From: David Chemouil @ 2001-12-18 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm currently converting myself to Context, after using Latex for some
time. And, of course, I have a few questions to ask. I have found some
answers in the (excellent) documentation, and in the mailing-list
archive, but there are still some obscure points...

1. I'm French, and so I usually need T1 font encoding and latin1 input
encoding in Latex. This enables me to typeset accented letters directly.
How can I do this in Context? I tried \useregime[il1], but it doesn't
work. Must I use a command for the font encoding too (it is better for
me to use EC fonts, now in Postscript in the CM-super archive on CTAN)?

2. I'd like to type command saying that everything in math/displaymath
mode should be in a certain color? Is it possible?

3. Is it possible to make overlays for a screen presentation?

4. Is there a module translating every sectioning command in French
(like Chapitre instead of Chapter for example)? And something
implementing French typographic rules (even simple ones, among which
hyphenation)...?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Keep the good job,

dc

-- David Chemouil    [mailto:david.chemouil@irit.fr]
--
-- Zeno group              [http://www.irit.fr/zeno]
-- Institut de recherche en informatique de Toulouse

* Re: many questions
@ 2001-12-18 15:27   ` Damien Wyart
From: Damien Wyart @ 2001-12-18 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

* David Chemouil <david.chemouil@irit.fr> [011218 15:36]:

> I'm currently converting myself to Context, after using Latex for some
> time.

It is also a wish I have...

> 1. I'm French, and so I usually need T1 font encoding and latin1 input
> encoding in Latex.

Same for me.

> This enables me to typeset accented letters directly. How can I do
> this in Context? I tried \useregime[il1], but it doesn't work. Must I
> use a command for the font encoding too (it is better for me to use EC
> fonts, now in Postscript in the CM-super archive on CTAN)?

I had asked similar questions a few months ago. Seems there is still
quite much work to do to really support french in ConTeXt. What I do not
understand is why French seems to be among the rare european languages
not supported.

For now, Denis Roegel has made a sketchy support file for latin1 (IIRC).
Translation of commands and french typography are not yet done, I think.
Once again, I do not really know why.

> 3. Is it possible to make overlays for a screen presentation?

Yes, I know this is possible. Some demos from Hans show this feature
(and many other). But I do not know in detail how to achieve this.

> 4. Is there a module translating every sectioning command in French
> (like Chapitre instead of Chapter for example)? And something
> implementing French typographic rules (even simple ones, among which
> hyphenation)...?

It would really be useful for us, frenchies wanting to really use
ConTeXt. Maybe frenchb from babel should be used as a starting point ?
I'd like to help, but I do not know how at all.
--
Damien Wyart

* Re: many questions
@ 2001-12-18 17:19     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-18 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: David Chemouil, ntg-context

At 04:27 PM 12/18/2001 +0100, Damien Wyart wrote:

>I had asked similar questions a few months ago. Seems there is still
>quite much work to do to really support french in ConTeXt. What I do not
>understand is why French seems to be among the rare european languages
>not supported.

actually, there is not that much to do:

- finish/check the il1 encoding vector
- check the lang-ita file for french translations

the special typo things are probably easy to do once i know what special
things are needed

really: all building blocks are there, it's just a matter of filling in
some gaps, so Go Ahead -)

>For now, Denis Roegel has made a sketchy support file for latin1 (IIRC).
>Translation of commands and french typography are not yet done, I think.
>Once again, I do not really know why.

concerning a french interface: if you want french commands and message,
just provide them [i.e. take the latest mult-con.com file and translate
things.]

> > 3. Is it possible to make overlays for a screen presentation?
>
>Yes, I know this is possible. Some demos from Hans show this feature
>(and many other). But I do not know in detail how to achieve this.

What exactly do you need? You can put overlays everywhere you want. (there
are special overlaybuttons and figures too, to ease the job).

> > 4. Is there a module translating every sectioning command in French
> > (like Chapitre instead of Chapter for example)? And something
> > implementing French typographic rules (even simple ones, among which
> > hyphenation)...?
>
>It would really be useful for us, frenchies wanting to really use
>ConTeXt. Maybe frenchb from babel should be used as a starting point ?
>I'd like to help, but I do not know how at all.

Just take a look at lang-ita (french being an italian family language) and
search for:

\s!fr

[actually, we have been typesetting french stuff]

\starttext

\mainlanguage[fr]

\placefigure{Looks like french}{}

\stoptext

already should give you french labels -)

Hans

@ 2001-12-18 17:22   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-18 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

>4. Is there a module translating every sectioning command in French
>(like Chapitre instead of Chapter for example)? And something
>implementing French typographic rules (even simple ones, among which
>hyphenation)...?

Only a few labels are initialized, but you can easily define them. If you
want french chapter labels, say:

\setuplabeltext [fr] [chapter=Chapitre Fran\ccedilla aise]

combined with

\mainlanguage[fr]

Hans

@ 2001-12-19  8:22         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-19  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 11:36 PM 12/18/2001 +0100, Gerben Wierda wrote:

>Hmm. They were missing because I had the \setupinteraction after
>\starttext. Anyway, this document:

there are a few things that need to be set before the \starttext, and this
is one of them (it could implement it in a different way, but things would
become messy).

>\setupoutput[pdftex]
>\setupinteraction
>   [state=start,
>    title=text1,
>    subtitle=text2,
>    author=text3,
>    date=text4]
>\starttext
>         \startTEXpage[scale=3000,offset=5pt]
>                 $ x^2 + \sum_{i=4}^{n}i $
>         \stopTEXpage
>\stoptext
>
>works. The result is that
>         Title = text1
>         Subject = text2
>         Author = text3
>         Keywords is empty
>         Date is not text4 but set to the production date
>         Creator=ConTeXt/user/ctest.tex
>
>So apart from different name (subtitle vs subject) it seems that date
>seems not to work.

the date an be set but pdftex overloads it. (date is special in the sense
that it has a very special format and serves as a document time stamp to).

It is possible to add additional keys (for this purpose the "ptex" prefix
is registered at adobe, but so far i haven't implemented it yet.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Many questions about french
@ 2001-12-19 11:26       ` Damien Wyart
From: Damien Wyart @ 2001-12-19 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: David Chemouil, ntg-context

* Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> [011218 18:19]:

> > Seems there is still quite much work to do to really support french
> > in ConTeXt.

> actually, there is not that much to do:

Good news :)

> - finish/check the il1 encoding vector
> - check the lang-ita file for french translations

Yes, this seems to be feasible quite easily.

> the special typo things are probably easy to do once i know what
> special things are needed

I'll try to summarize the most important ones. This is not so easy
because even in France, there are many different typographical habits.

> really: all building blocks are there, it's just a matter of filling
> in some gaps, so Go Ahead -)

OK. I'll have a look during holidays.

> [actually, we have been typesetting french stuff]

He he :)
--
Damien Wyart