* Suppressing the page number
@ 2014-08-12 15:53 Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2014-08-12 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a standard structure using \startfrontmatter\stopfrontmatter

Part of the front matter is the table of contents, but (as with every chapter in my book) the RHS is where the chapter starts, but on the opposing page LHS there is something too (mostly a quote or so). This is done with

\startsetups chapter:before
    \page[left]
    \noheaderandfooterlines
    \startalignment[left,nothyphenated]
	\startnarrower[4*left]
	    \em \getbuffer[chapter:quote]
	\stopnarrower
    \stopalignment
    \resetsetups[quote:text]
    \page[right]
    \noheaderandfooterlines
    \blank[force,2*big]
\stopsetups

My main product file has

\startfrontmatter
\startbuffer [chapter:quote]
A Quote\crlf
{\tf An author}
\stopbuffer
	\completecontent
        \component c_introduction
\stopfrontmatter
\startbodymatter

Now, before the content chapter and after that initial title page, I get two empty pages, which is right. However, the second empty page (RHS) has a page number. How do I suppress that page number?

I’m using MKII

* Re: Suppressing the page number
@ 2014-08-12 16:09 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2014-08-12 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> I have a standard structure using \startfrontmatter\stopfrontmatter
>
> Part of the front matter is the table of contents, but (as with every chapter in my book) the RHS is where the chapter starts, but on the opposing page LHS there is something too (mostly a quote or so). This is done with
>
> \startsetups chapter:before
>    \page[left]
>    \noheaderandfooterlines
>    \startalignment[left,nothyphenated]
> 	\startnarrower[4*left]
> 	    \em \getbuffer[chapter:quote]
> 	\stopnarrower
>    \stopalignment
>    \resetsetups[quote:text]
>    \page[right]
>    \noheaderandfooterlines
>    \blank[force,2*big]
> \stopsetups
>
> My main product file has
>
> \startfrontmatter
> \startbuffer [chapter:quote]
> A Quote\crlf
> {\tf An author}
> \stopbuffer
> 	\completecontent
>        \component c_introduction
> \stopfrontmatter
> \startbodymatter
>
> Now, before the content chapter and after that initial title page, I get
> two empty pages, which is right. However, the second empty page (RHS)
> has a page number. How do I suppress that page number?

Replace

\page[right] with \page[right,header,footer].

See
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Titles#Truly_empty_pagebreak_before_chapters

Aditya

* Re: Suppressing the page number
@ 2014-08-12 20:01   ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2014-08-12 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12 Aug 2014, at 18:09, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> I have a standard structure using \startfrontmatter\stopfrontmatter
>>
>> Part of the front matter is the table of contents, but (as with every chapter in my book) the RHS is where the chapter starts, but on the opposing page LHS there is something too (mostly a quote or so). This is done with
>>
>> \startsetups chapter:before
>>   \page[left]
>>   \noheaderandfooterlines
>>   \startalignment[left,nothyphenated]
>> 	\startnarrower[4*left]
>> 	    \em \getbuffer[chapter:quote]
>> 	\stopnarrower
>>   \stopalignment
>>   \resetsetups[quote:text]
>>   \page[right]
>>   \noheaderandfooterlines
>>   \blank[force,2*big]
>> \stopsetups
>>
>> My main product file has
>>
>> \startfrontmatter
>> \startbuffer [chapter:quote]
>> A Quote\crlf
>> {\tf An author}
>> \stopbuffer
>> 	\completecontent
>>       \component c_introduction
>> \stopfrontmatter
>> \startbodymatter
>>
>> Now, before the content chapter and after that initial title page, I get two empty pages, which is right. However, the second empty page (RHS) has a page number. How do I suppress that page number?
>
> Replace
>
> \page[right] with \page[right,header,footer].

This did not work. But it inspired me to try this and it works for that first number.

\startfrontmatter
\startbuffer [chapter:quote]
A Quote\crlf
{\tf An author}