* placelistofsynonyms without tabulate
       [not found] <mailman.1789.1585575277.1332.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2020-03-30 15:14 ` Benjamin Buchmuller
From: Benjamin Buchmuller @ 2020-03-30 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Following Aditya’s recommendation on making a glossary with ConTeXt (https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/152248/make-a-glossary-with-context) and have looked through several older and newer manuals under “abbreviations” and into the source.

However, I cannot figure out if there is a simple way to define my own command to achieve the following:

\definesynonyms[glossary][glossaries][\fullgloss]%[#4]
% I wonder also what #4 is supposed to do?
\setupsynonyms[glossary][headstyle=bold]

\glossary[US]{United States}{The US is a country in the Americas.}
\glossary[UK]{United Kingdom}{The UK is a country in Europe.}

% CURRENT RESULT (guessing from what I understand from the source this is converted internally to):

\placelistofglossaries

\starttabulate[|||]
\NC {\bf United Kingdom} \NC The UK is a country in Europe. \NC \NR
\NC {\bf United States} \NC The US is a country in the Americas. \NC \NR
\stoptabulate

% DESIRED RESULT

\unexpanded\def\myglossary#1#2#3{{\bf #1}#2} % or similar

\placelistofglossaries[command=\myglossary]

{\bf United Kingdom.} The UK is a country in Europe. Nice would be even if
            this could be indented at some point, but tastes may vary on
            indention for sure.

{\bf United States.} The US is a country in the Americas.

% or using itemize etc.

I am aware that \placelistofsynonyms has a command=... option, but it doesn’t do anything for me. Also, the location=inmarigin option (which I suppose could be used to tweak the desired result in a way) stopped working in MKIV (?) and I can see in the source that it has a “fixed” assignment to location=left.

Any hints very welcome. :)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-30 15:14 UTC | newest]