* \showsetup not working?
@ 2013-07-03 18:00 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-07-03 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I think I have used once or twice in the past, but has \showsetup been
deprecated?

When I try to compile:

  \starttext
  \showsetup{language}
  \stoptext

I get:

  ! Undefined control sequence.

Is there a replacement for \showsetup.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: \showsetup not working?
@ 2013-07-03 20:28 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-07-03 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.07.2013 um 20:00 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:

> Dear list,
>
> I think I have used once or twice in the past, but has \showsetup been
> deprecated?
>
> When I try to compile:
>
>  \starttext
>  \showsetup{language}
>  \stoptext
>
> I get:
>
>  ! Undefined control sequence.
>
> Is there a replacement for \showsetup.
>
> Many thanks for your help,

1. You have to load the “int-load” module.

2. You have to load the definitions for the core commands.

3. Even though you can use \showsetup{…} it’s better to use \showsetup[…] because braces are for commands which expect text but you pass only a keyword to the command.

\usemodule[int-load]

\loadsetups[cont-en.xml]

\starttext
\showsetup[language]
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: \showsetup not working?
@ 2013-07-03 21:10   ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-07-03 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03/07/13 22:28, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 03.07.2013 um 20:00 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
>> [...]
>> Is there a replacement for \showsetup?
>>
>> Many thanks for your help,
>
> 1. You have to load the “int-load” module.
>
> 2. You have to load the definitions for the core commands.

Many thanks for your help, Wolfgang.

Is there a way to load the definitions for all commands?

I mean, I'm interested in \setuplinenote, \setupmargindata and similar.

Many thanks for your help again,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: \showsetup not working?
@ 2013-07-03 21:21     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-07-03 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.07.2013 um 23:10 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:

> On 03/07/13 22:28, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 03.07.2013 um 20:00 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:
>>> [...]
>>> Is there a replacement for \showsetup?
>>>
>>> Many thanks for your help,
>>
>> 1. You have to load the “int-load” module.
>>
>> 2. You have to load the definitions for the core commands.
>
> Many thanks for your help, Wolfgang.
>
> Is there a way to load the definitions for all commands?
>
> I mean, I'm interested in \setuplinenote, \setupmargindata and similar.

When you get no output for a certain commands there is no definition
for it in cont-en.xml. Adding new commands is no problem but it takes
always a lot of time for each new command because you have to look
for all available parameters, key and values plus references to other commands
and all of this is manual work.

Wolfgang