* \setuppagenumber problem
@ 2012-03-08 18:06 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2012-03-08 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

The following code,

\startcomponent

\setuphead[title][page=yes]
\setuppagenumber[numberconversion=romannumerals]
\setuppagenumbering[location=,]

\setupheader[state=high]

\definehead[FMTitle][title]
\setuphead[FMTitle][header=high,alternative=middle,style={\tfb\rm},footer={}]
\setupheadertexts[text]
[\cap{A.\ U.\ Thor}]
[\pagenumber]
[\pagenumber]
[\em{Journal}]

\FMTitle[Preface]{Preface}

\dorecurse{6}{\input knuth}
\blank[big]
And here I should like to recall what was said earlier in this
\goto{Preface}[Preface] by \dots

\stopcomponent

fails on two counts: the page numbers are given in arabic numerals not
roman numerals, and the cross-reference is ignored. The failure in the
cross-reference may be due to a bug involving \startcomponent, if I
understand Wolfgang correctly, and was wondering if the same might be true
for \setuppagenumber[...]. If it is not, how may I fix the pagination?

I am running the latest ConTeXT standalone (MKIV).

Alan

* Re: \setuppagenumber problem
@ 2012-03-08 19:02 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-08 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.03.2012 um 19:06 schrieb Alan Bowen:

> The following code,
>
> \startcomponent
>
> \setuphead[title][page=yes]
> \setuppagenumber[numberconversion=romannumerals]
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
> \setuppagenumbering[location=,]
>
> \setupheader[state=high]
>
> \definehead[FMTitle][title]
> 	\setuphead[FMTitle][header=high,alternative=middle,style={\tfb\rm},footer={}]
> 	\setupheadertexts[text]
> 		[\cap{A.\ U.\ Thor}]
> 		[\pagenumber]
> 		[\pagenumber]

Use “[pagenumber]” (without the backslash) because \pagenumber prints the raw value
of the counter without the conversion.

> 		[\em{Journal}]
>
> \FMTitle[Preface]{Preface}
>
> \dorecurse{6}{\input knuth}
> \blank[big]
> And here I should like to recall what was said earlier in this \goto{Preface}[Preface] by \dots
>
> \stopcomponent
>
> fails on two counts: the page numbers are given in arabic numerals not roman numerals, and the cross-reference is ignored. The failure in the cross-reference may be due to a bug involving \startcomponent, if I understand Wolfgang correctly, and was wondering if the same might be true for \setuppagenumber[...]. If it is not, how may I fix the pagination?

The component is not the problem in this case, for \goto you have to enable the interactive features (\setupinteraction[state=start]).

Wolfgang

* Re: \setuppagenumber problem
@ 2012-03-08 19:34   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2012-03-08 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Wolfgang. You are right. Poor code copy/pasting on my part. Sorry
for that bit of noise.

But what of the pagination problem? Is there a bug or am I missing
something for that too?

A.

@ 2012-03-08 19:38     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-08 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.03.2012 um 20:34 schrieb Alan Bowen:

> Thanks, Wolfgang. You are right. Poor code copy/pasting on my part. Sorry for that bit of noise.
>
> But what of the pagination problem? Is there a bug or am I missing something for that too?

Write \setupheadertexts[…][pagenumber][pagenumber][…] with “pagenumber” as keyword
and not as command.

Wolfgang

* Re: \setuppagenumber problem
@ 2012-03-08 20:24       ` Alan Bowen