* YABQ - yet another bib question
@ 2010-02-11 14:10 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-02-11 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

Hi all,

it was quite heartwarming to see how many of us rallied for better bibliographical support when Wolfgang asked what we missed most in ConTeXt... And it's wonderful to see that a new structure for the entire bibliographical stuff is on its way. Hans's xml-based approach will make things much easier than the obsolete bibtex stuff, I'm sure.

In the meantime, I'm still struggling with our old bib stuff and have one question. I would like to have two different reference mechanisms for the cite commands and within the publication list. For "normal" cite commands, I would like authornum Author [1], whereas in the publicationlist itself only the num [1]. AFAICS, \setuppublications[refcommand=authornum] will influence both types. Is there a setup option for this, or is a hack needed?

All best

Thomas

* Re: YABQ - yet another bib question
@ 2010-02-11 14:35 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-02-11 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it was quite heartwarming to see how many of us rallied for better
> bibliographical support when Wolfgang asked what we missed most in
> ConTeXt... And it's wonderful to see that a new structure for the
> entire bibliographical stuff is on its way. Hans's xml-based approach
> will make things much easier than the obsolete bibtex stuff, I'm
> sure.
>
> In the meantime, I'm still struggling with our old bib stuff and have
> one question. I would like to have two different reference mechanisms
> for the cite commands and within the publication list. For "normal"
> cite commands, I would like authornum Author [1], whereas in the
> publicationlist itself only the num [1]. AFAICS,
> \setuppublications[refcommand=authornum] will influence both types.
> Is there a setup option for this, or is a hack needed?

I expect adding a \setuppublications[refcommand=num] just before the
\completepublications will work.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: YABQ - yet another bib question
@ 2010-02-11 14:42   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-02-11 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 11, 2010, at 3:35 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> Is there a setup option for this, or is a hack needed?
>
> I expect adding a \setuppublications[refcommand=num] just before the
> \completepublications will work.
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

And right you are! I should've thought of that myself! Thanks Taco!

Thomas