* color question
@ 2006-10-10 11:52 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2006-10-10 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

If this is OT, my apologies to all.

I am currently using ConTEXt to produce PDFs with a colored
background which I specify using R G B settings. Unfortunately, this
background does not look the same when others open the files on their
computers. Is there anything I can do at my end to correct this?

Alan

* color question
@ 2020-08-23 23:15 jbf
From: jbf @ 2020-08-23 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a very basic question about color use that someone will be able
to answer easily. The background to the question is that (i) I am
completely new to this scene of commercially[offset] print-ready
material as distinct from what is required on screen (ii) I am using Mk
IV (iii) I need spot colors set up for cmyk, and for now I need shades
between black and white (e.g. light gray) for a simple design feature.

My question is this: is the use of color keywords sufficient? Or in
other words, have predefined color names like lighgray already been
defined in, say cmyk terms behind the scenes, or must I instead
\definecolor[lightgray][c=10,m=7,y=5,k=0],   (or perhaps
\definespotcolor with those dimensions, or do I need both)?

Julian

* color question
@ 2002-05-23  4:03 Denis B. Roegel
From: Denis B. Roegel @ 2002-05-23  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: roegel

When I try

\startcolor[blue]
\rightaligned{\framed[background=screen]{historic background}}
\stopcolor

I get no blue at all, even though I have

\setupcolors[state=start]

Is this what is supposed to happen?

Thanks,

Denis

* Color question
@ 1999-06-01 21:37 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 1999-06-01 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

Suppose I want all text set with \starttyping...\stoptyping, as in

 \starttyping
>> [x,y]=meshgrid(-2:.1:2);
>> z=-3*y./(x.^2+y.^2+1);
>> contour(x,y,z)
 \stoptyping

to be red. What's the best way to go about it?