* [NTG-context] how to prevent item appearing in List of Figures
@ 2024-05-29 15:35 Charles Doherty via ntg-context
From: Charles Doherty via ntg-context @ 2024-05-29 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Mikael,

> I notice that you addressed Wolfgang, but you also sent to the list.
> One way could be to condition on being on a chapter page:
>
> \setupheadertexts
>  [\doifelsefirstsectionpage{chapter}{\userpagenumber}{}]
>
> \setupheadertexts
>  [\doifelsefirstsectionpage{chapter}{}{\getmarking[chapter]}]
>  [\doifelsefirstsectionpage{chapter}{}{\userpagenumber}]

Thank you for your suggestion. Along with your suggestion and that of  Wolfgang I get what I need. I thought I was sending to the list but I copied and pasted from an email and didn’t realise that Wolfgang was included. I have only ever written to the list many years ago.

I haven’t typeset a book before and various things are a challenge. The most recent is the following.

I have \placelistoffigures some of which are logos (for the publisher and two granting bodies) that I have placed with:

   \setupcaptions[number=no]
    \starttplacefigure[
 location={middle,high,low},
 reference=fig:logo,
 title=]
{\externalfigure[FCLogo][width=0.045\textwidth]}
\stopplacefigure

These are not part of the text and I don’t want them to appear in the list.

The caption for the logo doesn’t appear in the List of Figures but the page number does. How can I prevent these particular graphics from being listed in the List of figures.

Thanks,
Charlie

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: how to prevent item appearing in List of Figures
@ 2024-05-30  8:22 ` Tomáš Hála
From: Tomáš Hála @ 2024-05-30  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Doherty via ntg-context

Hi Charlie,

I guess that \starttplacefigure[location={none},...] might help you.

Or (older) \placefigure[none][,,,]{...}{...}

Best,

Tomáš

@ 2024-05-30 10:41 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2024-05-30 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am 29.05.24 um 17:35 schrieb Charles Doherty via ntg-context:
> I have \placelistoffigures some of which are logos (for the publisher and two granting bodies) that I have placed with:
>
>     \setupcaptions[number=no]
>      \starttplacefigure[
>   location={middle,high,low},
>   reference=fig:logo,
>   title=]
> {\externalfigure[FCLogo][width=0.045\textwidth]}
> \stopplacefigure
>
> These are not part of the text and I don’t want them to appear in the list.

If you don’t need them in the list and also no caption, I wouldn’t use
floats (\placefigure) at all, but just plain \externalfigure.

Hraban

@ 2024-05-30 10:47   ` Charles Doherty via ntg-context
From: Charles Doherty via ntg-context @ 2024-05-30 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)