* footnote in title
@ 2015-10-13  9:56 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2015-10-13  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I thought something like this had been asked on the list recently, but a
search came up empty: how to get footnotes to titles typeset?

\automigrateinserts

\starttext

\startchapter [title={Silly title\footnote{With a silly footnote}}]

More text.\footnote{With more footnotes.}

\stoptext

I thought \automigrateinserts was the magic command, but the note symbol
is set, the content of the note disappears.

Thomas

* Re: footnote in title
@ 2015-10-13 11:44 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2015-10-13 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Thomas,

The following works here, without using \automigrateregisters…

\starttext

\startchapter [title={Silly title}\footnote{A silly footnote}]
More text.\footnote{With more footnotes.}

\stopchapter

\stoptext

Using version ConTeXt  ver: 2015.10.09 21:28 MKIV beta on a Mac (indeed… what else? :-)

Best regards: OK

> On 13 Oct 2015, at 11:56, Thomas A. Schmitz <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:
>
> I thought something like this had been asked on the list recently, but a search came up empty: how to get footnotes to titles typeset?
>
> \automigrateinserts
>
> \starttext
>
> \startchapter [title={Silly title\footnote{With a silly footnote}}]
>
> More text.\footnote{With more footnotes.}
>
> \stoptext
>
> I thought \automigrateinserts was the magic command, but the note symbol is set, the content of the note disappears.
>
> Thomas

* Re: footnote in title
@ 2015-10-13 12:14 ` Schmitz Thomas A.
From: Schmitz Thomas A. @ 2015-10-13 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 13 Oct 2015, at 11:56, Thomas A. Schmitz <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote:
>
> I thought something like this had been asked on the list recently, but a search came up empty: how to get footnotes to titles typeset?
>
> \automigrateinserts
>
> \starttext
>
> \startchapter [title={Silly title\footnote{With a silly footnote}}]
>
> More text.\footnote{With more footnotes.}
>
> \stoptext
>
> I thought \automigrateinserts was the magic command, but the note symbol is set, the content of the note disappears.
>
> Thomas

Boy do I feel stupid now - I hadn’t even tested without this command. You’re right, and this also works in my real life files. I’ll just have to see what happens when I need automigrateinserts further down the road...

Thanks for your help!

Thomas