* type problems
@ 2009-08-06  9:28 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2009-08-06  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hallo,

I have always problems with verbatim text. Sometimes I found a
solution, sometimes a workaround. Are there solutions to

- print text with a verbatim '%' sign
- print text with a verbatim '{'

why is in the following example '#' --> '##'?
why is there a newline between 'bla' and 'blub'?

\starttext
%\type{%}
%\type{{}
\retype{#}
\startlines
\retype{bla}blub
\stoplines
\stoptext

Thank you

Wolfgang

* Re: type problems
@ 2009-08-06 11:08 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-08-06 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.08.2009 um 11:28 schrieb Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini:

> Hallo,
>
> I have always problems with verbatim text. Sometimes I found a
> solution, sometimes a workaround. Are there solutions to
>
> - print text with a verbatim '%' sign
> - print text with a verbatim '{'

\starttext
\mono{\%}\mono{\letterpercent}
\mono{\{}\mono{\letterleftbrace} % \mono{\{} works only with MkIV
\mono{\#}\mono{\letterhash}
\startlines
\mono{bla}blub
\stoplines
\stoptext

> why is in the following example '#' --> '##'?
> why is there a newline between 'bla' and 'blub'?

Has to do with the way how \retype works, a solution for the # problem
was posted not so long ago on comp.text.tex (or on a tex mailing list).

Wolfgang

* Re: type problems
@ 2009-08-11 18:55 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-08-11 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.08.2009 um 23:09 schrieb Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini:

> is \mono the youngest incarnation of \type, \retype ...?

no, \mono is just \tt but you can write it as {\mono text} or
\mono{text}

> What about \mono{Dies|Das}?
>
> Is'nt it frustrating?

'|' has a special meaning i context, you can write here \type{Dies|
Das} or \mono{Dies\letterbar Das}

Wolfgang

* Re: type problems
@ 2009-08-09 21:09 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2009-08-09 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hallo Wolfgang,

it is amazing to see, that you are always able to draw a new white
rabbit out of your context-hat!
is \mono the youngest incarnation of \type, \retype ...?

> \starttext
> \mono{\%}\mono{\letterpercent}
> \mono{\{}\mono{\letterleftbrace} % \mono{\{} works only with MkIV
> \mono{\#}\mono{\letterhash}
> \startlines
> \mono{bla}blub
> \stoplines