* Re: font-win.tex
       [not found] <mailman.1.1236682802.1885.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-03-10 11:37 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-03-10 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> It would be nice if there was a volunteer
I'm the one, but for Windows XP at the moment. Then I will add Vista fonts. IMHO, the previous versions of Windows are not worth to consider.

Vyatcheslav

* Re: font-win.tex
@ 2009-03-10 11:52   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-03-10 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.03.2009 um 12:37 schrieb Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky:

>> It would be nice if there was a volunteer
> I'm the one, but for Windows XP at the moment. Then I will add Vista
> fonts. IMHO, the previous versions of Windows are not worth to
> consider.

I can provide typescripts for the new Vista Cxxx fonts.

Wolfgang

* Re: font-win.tex
@ 2009-03-10 12:32           ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-03-10 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michail Vidiassov wrote:
> Dear Taco and All,
>
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>> type-mac for Mac OS (are .dfont fonts working in LuaTeX 0.40).
>> That would be nice, but I am not sure I will get around to implementing
>> it (besides time constraints, it is never easy to develop for a platform
>> one doesn't actually have).
>
> BTW, how the multiplatformity is handled now?
>
> Is there a "regular multiplatform build farm"?

In a way. Luatex runs piggyback on the context garden distribution.

   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals#Supported_platforms

(although that page may be a little bit outdated)

Also, once a year we sync with texlive (that adds the somewhat
outlandish AIX and hpux, as well as OpenBSD on i386).

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: font-win.tex
@ 2009-03-10 12:06         ` Michail Vidiassov
From: Michail Vidiassov @ 2009-03-10 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Taco and All,

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> type-mac for Mac OS (are .dfont fonts working in LuaTeX 0.40).
>
> That would be nice, but I am not sure I will get around to implementing
> it (besides time constraints, it is never easy to develop for a platform
> one doesn't actually have).

BTW, how the multiplatformity is handled now?

Is there a "regular multiplatform build farm"?

Do developers use remote access to computers with platforms
they do not have at home (if no - due to lack of hardware or interest)?

And what are the platforms blessed to be owned by developers?

                       Sincerely, Michail

* Re: font-win.tex
@ 2009-03-10 11:34           ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-03-10 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 10.03.2009 um 11:58 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:
>
>>> type-mac for Mac OS (are .dfont fonts working in LuaTeX 0.40).
>>
>> That would be nice, but I am not sure I will get around to implementing
>> it (besides time constraints, it is never easy to develop for a platform
>> one doesn't actually have). It would be nice if there was a volunteer
>
> I thought this because you mentioned it in the announcement for 0.31.0
> (as point on your todo list).

I know, I know. Foot in mouth etc.

* Re: font-win.tex
@ 2009-03-10 11:32         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-03-10 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-03-10 10:58       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-03-10 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2009-03-10 10:37     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-03-10 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.03.2009 um 09:46 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
>> Is there a script which can be called font-win.tex, which describes
>> all
>> OS-shipped fonts on Windows platform? If not, why? :o)
>
> IIRC, every Windows platform ships with a slightly different list.
>
> There are the 12 basic TimesNewRoman, Arial and Courier fonts, but
> not all versions of those fonts have the same glyph repertoire.

That's not a reason why we can't ship typescript files for Windows
and Mac. We still have type-msw with typescripts for Verdana and
Arial and type-xtx with typescripts for the Mac (a lot of them
for XeTeX only).

I think it makes sense to provide two new files type-win for fonts
included in Windows Vista and type-mac for Mac OS (are .dfont fonts
working in LuaTeX 0.40).

Wolfgang

* Re: font-win.tex
@ 2009-03-10  8:46   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-03-10  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Is there a script which can be called font-win.tex, which describes all
> OS-shipped fonts on Windows platform? If not, why? :o)

IIRC, every Windows platform ships with a slightly different list.

There are the 12 basic TimesNewRoman, Arial and Courier fonts, but
not all versions of those fonts have the same glyph repertoire.

For Hans, this would be a useful addition to mtx-fonts:

  mtxrun --script=fonts --list --tree=\$OSFONTDIR

Best wishes,
Taco

* font-win.tex
       [not found] <mailman.10.1236618481.26306.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-03-09 23:51 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-03-09 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Is there a script which can be called font-win.tex, which describes all
OS-shipped fonts on Windows platform? If not, why? :o)

Best,
Vyatcheslav