Hi all, I know that there was earlier a thread dealing with this subject…. However I needed to typeset a title in a typeface with a medieval look. One of the choices is “Maximilian” a ttf font (free font). I put the font in texmf-fonts/data. The mtxrun --script font --list --info --all maximilian gives: mtx-fonts | mapping : maximilian mtx-fonts | fontname: maximilian mtx-fonts | fullname: maximilian mtx-fonts | filename: Maximilian.ttf mtx-fonts | family : maximilian mtx-fonts | weight : normal mtx-fonts | style : normal mtx-fonts | width : normal mtx-fonts | variant : normal mtx-fonts | subfont : mtx-fonts | fweight : conflict: book mtx-fonts | mtx-fonts | gsub features: mtx-fonts | mtx-fonts | feature script languages mtx-fonts | mtx-fonts | tlig all all mtx-fonts | trep all all I tried in a classical way: \starttypescript[serif][medieval] \definefontsynonym[serif][file:Maximilian][features=default] \stoptypescript \starttypescript[medieval] \definetypeface[Maximilian][rm][serif][medieval][default] \stoptypescript \usetypescript[medieval] \setupbodyfont[Maximilian,rm,12pt] I tried also the new approach \definefontfamily[Medieval][rm][Maximilian][features=default] \setupbodyfont[Medieval,12pt] In both cases I end up with an empty page, because the font is not fount. — What do I miss? Kind regards Willi