* setupbackgrounds?
@ 2006-02-27 15:07 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2006-02-27 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I cannot get backgrounds to work as I understand from the manual.

This example is from the manual:
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupinteraction[state=start] % don't if needed, manual p. 122 seems
to suggest it
\setupbackgrounds[header,text,footer][text]
[background=color,backgroundcolor=darkcyan]
\showframe

This does not show coloring of the indicated area. It colors only
when the first option is [page] or [paper] and then it colors the
whole page. So I never get coloring in the indicated parts.

The other example is from cont-new.tex:
%\defineoverlay[Draft][{\scale[factor=max]{\rotate[rotation=90]{~MY||
DRAFT~}}}]
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=Draft]

This also seems to work for [page] only. But I want the text in one
of the edges or in the margin, not smack in the middle of the page.

I am doing something wrong in not getting the finetuning per area as
the manual seems to promise? What am I missing here?

yours sincerely,
dr. H. van der Meer

* Re: setupbackgrounds?
@ 2006-02-28  1:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-02-28  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer wrote:
> I cannot get backgrounds to work as I understand from the manual.
>
> This example is from the manual:
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \setupinteraction[state=start] % don't if needed, manual p. 122 seems
> to suggest it
> \setupbackgrounds[header,text,footer][text]
> [background=color,backgroundcolor=darkcyan]
> \showframe
>
> This does not show coloring of the indicated area. It colors only
> when the first option is [page] or [paper] and then it colors the
> whole page. So I never get coloring in the indicated parts.

ah, just omit the \showframe since it's built on top of the background mechanism and when activated it disables backgrounds

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: setupbackgrounds?
@ 2006-02-28 19:48   ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2006-02-28 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

> ah, just omit the \showframe since it's built on top of the
> background mechanism and when activated it disables backgrounds

Thanks, I would never have thougt of that.

yours sincerely,
dr. H. van der Meer