With [start sample] \definedescription[cmddescription][headstyle=bold,width=broad,style=normal,align=flushleft,alternative=hanging,margin=1cm] ... \startcmddescription{mycommand} This is a very useful command. It knows just what to do, and you don't even have to specify any options! \stopcmddescription [end sample] the text "This is a very useful command" begins on the same line as the "mycommand" header. I want the text to begin on the next line, so that "mycommand" is on a line of its own. How should I adjust the \definedescription command to achieve this? I've tried all kinds of things with the 'before', 'inbetween', 'after', 'indentnext', 'command', and 'headcommand' options of the \definedescription command (based on http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupdescriptions), using \par, \crlf, and \vspace, but didn't get the desired results. Regards, Louis Strous IntelliMagic - Availability Intelligence T: +31 (0)71-579 6000 www.intellimagic.com