* FpTeX 0.6?
@ 2002-03-29 18:02 Robert F. Beeger
From: Robert F. Beeger @ 2002-03-29 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I know this is sort of off-topic to this list.
But I did not want to become a member of the fpTeX-Mailinglist to just
ask one question.

On ftp.dante.de/pub/fptex I found a new directory named 0.6/. I
thought to myself "Cool a new version!" and downloaded the whole stuff by
using getfptex.bat. When it came to installing the new version, I
found that there is no TeXSetup.exe. Taking another look at the ftp I
found out that current/ still links to 0.5/

My question:
Is 0.6 still in beta?
Anyway: How do I install it? The readme mentions a TexLive.exe, but
there is no such thing. Can the TeXSetup.exe from 0.5 be used?

Thanks in advance
--
Greets
 Robert

* Re: FpTeX 0.6?
@ 2002-03-29 19:23 ` Thomas Schramm
From: Thomas Schramm @ 2002-03-29 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert F. Beeger wrote:

> My question:
> Is 0.6 still in beta?

Fabrice wrote about this: "I have setup a preversion of fptex-0.6. This
is a preview of TeXLive 7: the texmf tree will be the same."

> Can the TeXSetup.exe from 0.5 be used?

Yes, from Febuary 27.

hth
Thomas

* Re: FpTeX 0.6?
@ 2002-05-28 20:10   ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2002-05-28 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, fptex

* Thomas Schramm <tschram@berlin.snafu.de> writes:

> Robert F. Beeger wrote:
>> My question: Is 0.6 still in beta?

> Fabrice wrote about this: "I have setup a preversion of
> fptex-0.6. This is a preview of TeXLive 7: the texmf tree will be
> the same."

>> Can the TeXSetup.exe from 0.5 be used?

> Yes, from Febuary 27.

Seems time did not stop flying ;-)

TeXLive 7 is about to be released. I have started to package so that
TeXSetup will be able to install it, but I still need to :
- test that it is working ok,
- document (at least a bit) the changes.

Should be ok by next week now.

Fabrice

* fpTex 07. (was : Re: FpTeX 0.6?)
@ 2002-05-30 17:23     ` Robert F. Beeger
From: Robert F. Beeger @ 2002-05-30 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi, Fabrice!

Tuesday, May 28, 2002, 10:10:32 PM, you wrote:

FP> TeXLive 7 is about to be released. I have started to package so that
FP> TeXSetup will be able to install it, but I still need to :
FP> - test that it is working ok,
FP> - document (at least a bit) the changes.

FP> Should be ok by next week now.

Cool! teTeX was the only app that was holding me on Linux some one to
two years ago. As soon as I found fpTeX, I dumped Linux into the trash
can and went back to Windows with fpTeX on it.
Good work! Thanks!

----------------
Greets,
  Robert F. Beeger
 ____________________________________
|                                    |
|  Robert F. Beeger                  |
|  e-mail   : robert@beeger.net      |
|  web-site : http://beeger.net      |
|____________________________________|

* RE: fpTex 07. (was : Re: FpTeX 0.6?)
@ 2002-05-30 18:21       ` Michael Hallgren
From: Michael Hallgren @ 2002-05-30 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

>Hi, Fabrice!
>
>Tuesday, May 28, 2002, 10:10:32 PM, you wrote:
>
>FP> TeXLive 7 is about to be released. I have started to package so that
>FP> TeXSetup will be able to install it, but I still need to :
>FP> - test that it is working ok,
>FP> - document (at least a bit) the changes.
>
>FP> Should be ok by next week now.
>
>Cool!

In deed. (Though, I'm still suffering a path problem w/XP... likey due
to the fact me being more Unix than Win32...? ;)

> teTeX was the only app that was holding me on Linux some one to
>two years ago.

Ohh,... what about *BSD ;)

> As soon as I found fpTeX, I dumped Linux into the trash
>can and went back to Windows with fpTeX on it.

Depends on what other things you're up to, IMHO.

>Good work!

I second that opinion, full speed: thanks!

> Thanks!

Cheers

mh