* Cross-references not showing
@ 2001-06-12  9:44 Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2001-06-12  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

I'm having a lot of difficulty trying to get cross-references to work. I've
tried all the permutations of the  different commands I can find, and keep
getting 'unknown reference' errors in my .log file and '??' appearing in my
output.

Here's some sample input:

--

You can find a suggested answer on \at{page}[X3ORD].

\subsubject[X3ORD]{Answer to SAQ 1.2}

This refuses to resolve into a page number. The same problem occurs if I use
just \at[X3ORD], \atpage[X3ORD], \ref[p][X3ORD], or any other combination I
can find in the docs.

On a related note, section number referencing doesn't seem to work either
(when I try it on a numbered section!).

I assumed therefore that this might have something to do with my set-up, but
as far as I can tell referencing is automatically set up as state=start.
Anyway, I tried explicitly putting in \setupreferencing[state=start] and
nothing changed.

Is there another set-up I should be looking at to solve these problems?

I'm using ConTeXt 2001.2.27 with pdfeTeX 3.14159-14f.

Thanks,

Duncan