* [NTG-context] Bug in supp-pdf.tex/supp-mis.tex (?)
@ 2002-10-18 12:30 Andreas Fieger
From: Andreas Fieger @ 2002-10-18 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

though this is only partly a context question, I think this is the
best place to ask. I am creating MetaPost figures containing text.
When these are included in a TeX document processed by pdfLaTeX,
context's supp-pdf.tex is loaded to perform the conversion.

Consider the simple MP file (the space is essential)
--------------------------------------
defaultfont:="ptmr8r";
beginfig(1);
  label(" 11", origin);
endfig;
--------------------------------------

This will result in a file like
%%Page: 1 1
-6.25003 -3.38997 moveto
( 11) ptmr8r 10.00005 fshow
showpage
%%EOF

If this MP file is included in a context document,
everything is fine.
--------------------------------------
\starttext
\placefigure[][]{}{\externalfigure[minimal.mps]}
\stoptext
--------------------------------------

If it is included in a LaTeX document
--------------------------------------
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
\begin{document}
\includegraphics{minimal.mps}
\end{document}
--------------------------------------
converted to ps with dvips, still everything
is fine.

When using
--------------------------------------
\usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
--------------------------------------
and pdfLaTeX to compile the file (this is
when supp-pdf.tex is used), the " 11" disappears.

I found this problem with every number from 11, 22,
to 99 with a leading space -- even in the middle of
a string: "Text: 118" would come out as "Text: 8".

I don't have any clue what's going wrong.
Any ideas?

PS: Hans was so kind to provide a new supp-pdf.tex
  after a similar problem with labels
  startimg with an umlaut?

  file=supp-pdf.tex  version=2001.07.27
  file=supp-mis.tex  version=1997.01.04
  are used.

Thanks,
Andreas
--
Dr. Andreas Fieger
ServiceBarometer AG

* Re: [NTG-context] Bug in supp-pdf.tex/supp-mis.tex (?)
       [not found] <OCEKJDNHLJPOBPDJMODKMEHECGAA.andreas.fieger@servicebaromet er.de>
@ 2002-10-18 13:55 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-10-18 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:30 PM 10/18/2002 +0200, Andreas Fieger wrote:

search in supp-pdf for you name, and patch:

            \def\dodo##1% Andreas Fieger's bug: (\304...)
              {\edef\!!stringa{##1}% and another one: ( 11) -> \ifx 11
               \ifx\!!stringa\MPspacechar\MPspacechar\else\expandafter##1\fi}%

please test this with previous files as well

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl