* Re: Exporting figures
       [not found] <mailman.1106.1250255058.3069.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-08-14 16:21 ` richard.stephens
From: richard.stephens @ 2009-08-14 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

* Re: Exporting figures
@ 2009-08-14 10:03 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2009-08-14 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Richard

I can only tell you what I usually do. My figures normally reside in
an external file. At the bottom of this file I add;

\starttext

\startTEXpage
	\useMPgraphic{graphicnameA}
\stopTEXpag

\startTEXpage
	\useMPgraphic{graphicnameB}
\stopTEXpag

\stoptext

In this way I get each graphic on a page cropped to the size of the
original MP-image.

Kind regards

Willi
On Aug 14, 2009, at 11:57 AM, richard.stephens@converteam.com wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I have generated some ConTeXt documents with figures using
> MetaPost. The figures
> have labels which use \sometxt{}. Everything works beautifully!
> Now I have an unenlightened customer (he does not use ConTeXt) who
> wants to import my figures into his documents.
> He can accept eps or pdf files or any of the common graphics
> formats (png, gif, even svg I think).
> I have tried to generate the figures as standalone files in two ways:
>
> 1) I compiled the metapost to a PS file using "texexec --mptex
> file.mp". Unfortunately, the resulting
> figure does not have any labels, presumably because it isn't
> accessing TeX to generate them?
>
> 2) Inserted \starttext ... \stoptext around the metapost code and
> used ConTeXt to generate a PDF
> document. This is great except that each figure covers a full page.
>
> Is there any way of sharing my figures with the unenlightened masses?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard
>

> Converteam UK Ltd. Registration Number: 5571739 and Converteam Ltd.
> Registration Number: 2416188
>
> Registered in England and Wales.
>
> Registered office: Boughton Road, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1BU.
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
> and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please
> notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to
> another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the
> information in any medium.

> ntg-context
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Exporting figures
@ 2009-08-14 10:01 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-08-14 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

richard.stephens@converteam.com wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I have generated some ConTeXt documents with figures using MetaPost. The figures
> have labels which use \sometxt{}. Everything works beautifully!
> Now I have an unenlightened customer (he does not use ConTeXt) who wants to
> import my figures into his documents.
> He can accept eps or pdf files or any of the common graphics formats (png, gif,
> even svg I think).
> I have tried to generate the figures as standalone files in two ways:
>
> 1) I compiled the metapost to a PS file using "texexec --mptex file.mp".
> Unfortunately, the resulting
> figure does not have any labels, presumably because it isn't accessing TeX to
> generate them?
>
> 2) Inserted \starttext ... \stoptext around the metapost code and used ConTeXt
> to generate a PDF
> document. This is great except that each figure covers a full page.
>
> Is there any way of sharing my figures with the unenlightened masses?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard
>

> Converteam UK Ltd. Registration Number: 5571739 and Converteam Ltd. Registration
> Number: 2416188
>
> Registered in England and Wales.
>
> Registered office: Boughton Road, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1BU.
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be
> privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender
> immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
> purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.

\starttext
	\startMPpage
		draw fullcircle scaled 10cm ;
	\stopMPPage