* Inclusion of flow chart
@ 2003-04-24  7:49 emmanuel.rialland
From: emmanuel.rialland @ 2003-04-24  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans, Thanks for the answer on the section and paragraph signs.

I tried \definesymbol[yen][\getglyph{\char165}] to have a yen sign, but it
didn't work. How should I do it otherwise?

Now, I have another brainteaser.

I have a number of charts which a very similar one to another.
They all have the same boxes, with the same texts. The only difference from
one chart to another is the arrows: I am drawing different arrows with
different comments from one chart to another.

To be more efficient, I created a chart containing all the shapes without
any arrows.

Then for each chart, I use the example given at the top of page 8 on the
chart doc:

\includeFLOWchart[][]    (this works perfectly)

and I then try to define the arrows. \connection mentions where the arrows
goes to, but not where it comes from (which is given by the surrounding
cell definition). So I tried the following

\startFLOWcell
  \name[name1]
  \connection[name2]
\stopFLOWcell

where name1 and name2 are cells defined in the generic chart.

As you might have guessed, this breaks everything.

Has anybody an idea as to how I could do that?

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Have you checked our new corporate website at  http://www.sgib.com ?

The information contained herein is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).  It shall not be construed as a recommendation to
buy or sell any security.  Any unauthorized access, use, reproduction,
disclosure or dissemination is prohibited.
Neither SGIB nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall assume any legal liability or responsibility for any incorrect,
misleading or altered information contained herein.

* Re: Inclusion of flow chart
@ 2003-05-09 17:54 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-05-09 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Should work out of the box provided you have bought the pfb files.

Willi
From: emmanuel.rialland @ 2003-05-09  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to all. That gives me some leads.

I wanted to try something using your advice but in the mean-time decided to

@ 2003-05-07  8:42   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-05-07  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> At 11:17 07/05/2003 +1100, you wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I have definitely not been flooded by answers. I am getting the
impression
> >that this forum might
> >not have been the best one to ask (i.e. I have a practical problem which
> >has little bearing with
> >implementation aspects / bugs / new features of Context).
>
> hm, normally questions get answered (willy often does the flow chart ones,
> but he may be off for a few days; begin may are also problematic days:
many
> holidays, national thingies and so; personally i'm just back from the
> polish tex conference)
>
> i forwarded the mail to willy -)
>
> the best hack i can come up with is:
>
> % output=pdftex
>
> \usemodule[chart]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startFLOWchart[boxes]
> \startFLOWcell
>    \name      {a}
>    \location  {1,1}
>    \shape     {action}
>    \text      {\ss A}
> \stopFLOWcell
>
> \startFLOWcell
>    \name      {b}
>    \location  {2,1}
>    \shape     {action}
>    \text      {\ss B}
> \stopFLOWcell
>
> \startFLOWcell
>    \name      {c}
>    \location  {3,1}
>    \shape     {action}
>    \text      {\ss C}
> \stopFLOWcell
> \stopFLOWchart
>
> \FLOWchart[boxes]
>
> \startFLOWchart[arrows]
>    \includeFLOWchart[boxes]
>    \startFLOWcell
>      \name      {1-2}
>      \location  {1,1}
>      \shape     {none}
>      \connection[rl]{b}
>    \stopFLOWcell
>    \startFLOWcell
>      \name      {2-3}
>      \location  {2,1}
>      \shape     {none}
>      \connection[rl]{c}
>    \stopFLOWcell
> \stopFLOWchart
>
> \FLOWchart[arrows]
>
> \stoptext
>
> when i have time i'll think about some extension

That is what I meant with my other reply. - I feel however that this is not
quite what Emmanuel is looking for. I stand corrected, the idea is to have a

@ 2003-05-07  8:26 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-05-07  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

As far as I know the FLOWchart module you can include existing pieces of
charts into a new one (see also the manual). However I would not know how to
separate the shapes from the arrows and combine the parts at will.

Krgds Willi

ntg-context@ntg.nl

       [not found] <OFDF16F088.98092AAB-ONCA256D1F.00005588@tk.jp.world.socgen >
@ 2003-05-07  7:44 ` Hans Hagen