* Re: Notepad++ calltips
@ 2009-11-20 16:21 richard.stephens
From: richard.stephens @ 2009-11-20 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

* Re: Notepad++ calltips
@ 2009-11-20 20:03 ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد @ 2009-11-20 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:21:34 -0700, <richard.stephens@converteam.com>
wrote:

> After some experiments, I think the problem is that Notepad++ is
> ignoring the case of the commands when searching for calltips. By
> re-sorting the list I was able to get calltips to work. However, with
> this new sorting the auto-complete no longer works! This is definitely
> one for the Notepad++ developers.

I experimented a bit and I think you are exactly right. If I comment out
the commands that contain upper-case letters, the calltip mechanism works.
If I resort just those commands, viz, move them to the bottom of the file,
autocompletion does not work for the upper-case commands but it does work
for all others.

Workaround:

in context.xml go to

<Environment ignoreCase="no" startFunc="[" stopFunc="]" /><br/>

change ignoreCase

ignoreCase="yes"

resort according to ignorecase

I did this for one command and it works, let me try some more.

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: Notepad++ calltips
@ 2009-11-20 20:34   ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد @ 2009-11-20 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Change the name of the attached to end in .zip . I can confirm that the
context calltips work for this version of context.xml in Npp 5.5.1.

OTOH, the ignoreCase=no used to work, and that is something that the Npp
developers will hopefully take care of.

Richard, if you make additional calltips to context.xml, can you post your
updates to the wiki? Maybe we can start a project to eventually add
calltips to all commands. I have a few other ideas as well to make these
calltips more useful, and to serve a certain book project ;-)

Best wishes
Idris

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:03:19 -0700, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد
<ishamid@colostate.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:21:34 -0700, <richard.stephens@converteam.com>
> wrote:
>
>> After some experiments, I think the problem is that Notepad++ is
>> ignoring the case of the commands when searching for calltips. By
>> re-sorting the list I was able to get calltips to work. However, with
>> this new sorting the auto-complete no longer works! This is definitely
>> one for the Notepad++ developers.
>
> I experimented a bit and I think you are exactly right. If I comment out
> the commands that contain upper-case letters, the calltip mechanism
> works. If I resort just those commands, viz, move them to the bottom of
> the file, autocompletion does not work for the upper-case commands but
> it does work for all others.
>
> Workaround:
>
> in context.xml go to
>
> <Environment ignoreCase="no" startFunc="[" stopFunc="]" /><br/>
>
> change ignoreCase
>
> ignoreCase="yes"
>
> resort according to ignorecase
>
> I did this for one command and it works, let me try some more.

International Journal of Shi`i Studies
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

[-- Attachment #2: context_xml_zip --]

* Re: Notepad++ calltips
@ 2009-11-23 15:26     ` richard.stephens
From: richard.stephens @ 2009-11-23 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Notepad++ calltips
       [not found] <mailman.541.1258662485.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-20 11:17 ` richard.stephens
From: richard.stephens @ 2009-11-20 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

* Re: Notepad++ calltips
@ 2009-11-19 20:29 ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد @ 2009-11-19 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Richard,

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:58:26 -0700, <richard.stephens@converteam.com>
wrote:

> Does anyone use Notepad++ with the function "calltips" feature? Checking
> the
> context.xml definition file, there are calltips defined for
> \startitemize, but
> they never appear when I'm typing, even though the auto-completion works
> fine.
>
> Trying a .cpp file gives calltips okay, so it seems to be something to
> do with
> the Context implementation.

I did some experimenting with calltips about a year ago... it took me a
while to figure it out though...

In context.xml I implemented only one:

		<KeyWord name="startitemize" func="yes">
			<Overload retVal="" >
				<Param name="[.1.] n a A KA r R KR m g G -number- each" />
			</Overload>
			<Overload retVal="" >
				<Param name="[..,.2.,..] standard -n-*broad -n-*serried packed
unpacked stopper joinedup atmargin inmargin autointro loose section
intext"/>
			</Overload>
			<Overload retVal="" >
				<Param name="margin = no standard -dimension-" />
			</Overload>
		</KeyWord>

It used to work, in my present Npp 5.5.1 it seems broken; even cpp
calltips don't work -- although normal autocompletion works fine. Does
this one calltip work for you? What version of Npp are you running?

In any case, it will be a major task to fill out all calltips for
context.xml, unless there is a minimally structured source file for all
context command options that can be sorted by text-processing [beyond my
skill set].

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies