* Update to the newest ConTeXt version
@ 2005-07-26  6:55 Jessica Holle
From: Jessica Holle @ 2005-07-26  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm very new at the context section.
I've installed teTeX 3.0 from the sources and in the way it is
explained here:

http://tug.org/teTeX/tetex-src/QuickInstall

Everything works fine, I can compile my files.

Now I want to update my version 2005-01-31 to 2005-07-21

texexec --version give this output:

texexec --version

 TeXExec 5.4.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

               texexec : TeXExec 5.4.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE
1997-2005
               texutil :                    tex : pdfeTeX,
3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
               context : ver: 2005.07.21
               cont-en : ver: 2005.01.31  fmt: 2005.7.26  mes:
english

        total run time : 1 seconds

Everything looks fine for me, but, when I want to compile my file,
which works before the update to the new version, I get such a
mistake:

texexec bericht.tex

 TeXExec 5.4.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

 fixing texformat path : .:
{!!/root/.texmf-config,!!/root/.texmf-var,/root/texmf,!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-config,!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-var,!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf,!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-local,!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-dist}/web2c/

$engine,}
fixing engine variable : pdfetex
            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : bericht
                output : standard
             interface : en
          current mode : none
               TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
 \write18 enabled.
 (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/natural.tcx)
entering extended mode
(./bericht.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2005.01.31  fmt: 2005.7.26  int: english  mes: english

language        : language en is active
<protectionstate 0>
system          : cont-new loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems         : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex
color           : palette rollover is available
system (E-TEX) : [line 1068]
system (E-TEX) : [line 1123]
)
system          : cont-old loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-old.tex
)
system          : cont-fil loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
system          : cont-sys loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/user/cont-sys.tex
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-syn.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.14 \starttypescriptcollection
                               [synonyms]
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.697 \stoptypescriptcollection

and so on...

But I don't know what my problem is. The cont-sys.tex I've already
replaced by the original file which I have in my backup of teTeX3.0

I followed this intructions when I updating the version:

http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html#install

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks

Greetings Jessica

* Re: Update to the newest ConTeXt version
@ 2005-07-26  9:38 Jessica Holle
From: Jessica Holle @ 2005-07-26  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've done everything like described on the page you tell, but there
is a problem too

rzvlabwks:/usr/sbin # texexec --version

 TeXExec 5.4.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

               texexec : TeXExec 5.4.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE
1997-2005
               texutil : TeXUtil 9.0.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE
1992-2004
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt cont-en.fmt
fmtutil: no info for format `cont-en'.
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt context.fmt
fmtutil: no info for format `context'.
                   tex : unknown
               context : ver: 2005.07.21
               cont-en : unknown

        total run time : 4 seconds
rzvlabwks:/usr/sbin # cd /home/jessi/test/neu/
rzvlabwks:/home/jessi/test/neu # texexec bericht.tex

 TeXExec 5.4.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

fixing engine variable : pdfetex
            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : bericht
                output : standard
             interface : en
          current mode : none
               TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
 \write18 enabled.
 (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/natural.tcx)
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt cont-en.fmt
fmtutil: no info for format `cont-en'.
Sorry, I can't find the format `cont-en.fmt'; will try
`context.fmt'.
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt context.fmt
fmtutil: no info for format `context'.
I can't find the format file `context.fmt'!

           return code : 256
              run time : 2 seconds

        total run time : 3 seconds

I think the file cont-en.* is missing. This I have erased before
like it is written down in the  manual you told.

greetings Jessica

----- Weitergeleitet von Jessica Holle/InfoTL am 26.07.2005 11:14
-----

                    Taco Hoekwater
                    <taco@elvenkind.        An:     mailing list for ConTeXt users <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
                    com>                    Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:           Thema:  Re: [NTG-context] Update to the newest ConTeXt version
                    ntg-context-boun
                    ces@ntg.nl

                    26.07.2005 10:00
                    Bitte antworten
                    an mailing list
                    for ConTeXt
                    users

Jessica Holle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very new at the context section.
> I've installed teTeX 3.0 from the sources and in the way it is
> explained here:
>
> http://tug.org/teTeX/tetex-src/QuickInstall
>
> Everything works fine, I can compile my files.
>
> Now I want to update my version 2005-01-31 to 2005-07-21
>
> texexec --version give this output:
>
> texexec --version
>
>  TeXExec 5.4.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005
>
>                texexec : TeXExec 5.4.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE
> 1997-2005
>                texutil :                    tex : pdfeTeX,
> 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
>                context : ver: 2005.07.21
>                cont-en : ver: 2005.01.31  fmt: 2005.7.26  mes:

You now have a new distribution of context but are still using
the old format files from teTeX. You have to follow these steps
quite closely:

   http://contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation

Esp. see "Fix texmf.cnf" and "Cleanup fmtutil"

Good luck,

Taco

* Re: Update to the newest ConTeXt version
@ 2005-07-26 11:31 Jessica Holle
From: Jessica Holle @ 2005-07-26 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)