From: "Jessica Holle" <jessica.holle@vit.de>
Subject: Re: Update to the newest ConTeXt version
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:38:20 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

I've done everything like described on the page you tell, but there
is a problem too

rzvlabwks:/usr/sbin # texexec --version

 TeXExec 5.4.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

               texexec : TeXExec 5.4.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE
1997-2005
               texutil : TeXUtil 9.0.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE
1992-2004
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt cont-en.fmt
fmtutil: no info for format `cont-en'.
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt context.fmt
fmtutil: no info for format `context'.
                   tex : unknown
               context : ver: 2005.07.21
               cont-en : unknown

        total run time : 4 seconds
rzvlabwks:/usr/sbin # cd /home/jessi/test/neu/
rzvlabwks:/home/jessi/test/neu # texexec bericht.tex

 TeXExec 5.4.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

fixing engine variable : pdfetex
            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : bericht
                output : standard
             interface : en
          current mode : none
               TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
 \write18 enabled.
 (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/natural.tcx)
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt cont-en.fmt
fmtutil: no info for format `cont-en'.
Sorry, I can't find the format `cont-en.fmt'; will try
`context.fmt'.
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt context.fmt
fmtutil: no info for format `context'.
I can't find the format file `context.fmt'!

           return code : 256
              run time : 2 seconds

        total run time : 3 seconds

I think the file cont-en.* is missing. This I have erased before
like it is written down in the  manual you told.

greetings Jessica

----- Weitergeleitet von Jessica Holle/InfoTL am 26.07.2005 11:14
-----

                    Taco Hoekwater
                    <taco@elvenkind.        An:     mailing list for ConTeXt users <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
                    com>                    Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:           Thema:  Re: [NTG-context] Update to the newest ConTeXt version
                    ntg-context-boun
                    ces@ntg.nl

                    26.07.2005 10:00
                    Bitte antworten
                    an mailing list
                    for ConTeXt
                    users

Jessica Holle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very new at the context section.
> I've installed teTeX 3.0 from the sources and in the way it is
> explained here:
>
> http://tug.org/teTeX/tetex-src/QuickInstall
>
> Everything works fine, I can compile my files.
>
> Now I want to update my version 2005-01-31 to 2005-07-21
>
> texexec --version give this output:
>
> texexec --version
>
>  TeXExec 5.4.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005
>
>                texexec : TeXExec 5.4.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE
> 1997-2005
>                texutil :                    tex : pdfeTeX,
> 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
>                context : ver: 2005.07.21
>                cont-en : ver: 2005.01.31  fmt: 2005.7.26  mes:

You now have a new distribution of context but are still using
the old format files from teTeX. You have to follow these steps
quite closely:

   http://contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation

Esp. see "Fix texmf.cnf" and "Cleanup fmtutil"

Good luck,

Taco