From: Tobias Burnus <tobias.burnus@physik.fu-berlin.de>
Cc: <th@vol.at>, <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Re: German umlauts?
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:50:49 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

Hi,

> Thanks, that did it.
> But, since I'm using *ix, isn't there a latin1 or iso-80559-1 (or -15)
> encoding? "win" seems somewhat misleading.
True, but they are almost identical. I started with Windows and added. And
no-one needed to change this.

Actually enco-win.tex is incomplete: It does neither cover the complete
Windows-Encoding nor the ISO-8859-1. It misses for instance the ° sign.
The ISO-8859-15 is probably less needed (well, it contains \euro and the
\oe) since we are all heading towards Unicode (UTF8). (There is some
groundwork done for Unicode (for chinese support in ConTeXt), but UTF8 is
missing if I recall correctly.)

With warm regards from Berlin,

Tobias