* MetaPost error using pre-05
@ 2001-11-16 17:10 Lukas Kubin
From: Lukas Kubin @ 2001-11-16 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using the presentation pre-05 style (the one with lots of randomly
created rectangles) in my document and am getting the following error from
MetaPost. How can I fix it?
thank you

lukas

   generating graphics : metaposting mpgraph.mp

 TeXExec 2.6 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2001

              metapost : mpgraph
                format : metafun
This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.3.1)
Sorry, I can't find the mem file `metafun.mem'; will try `mpost.mem'.
(mpgraph.mp
! Number is too large (8000).
l.1 mpgraph:=8000

--
Lukas Kubin
lukas.kubin@permonik.com

* Re: MetaPost error using pre-05
@ 2001-11-16 17:53 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-11-16 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 06:10 PM 11/16/2001 +0100, Lukas Kubin wrote:
>I am using the presentation pre-05 style (the one with lots of randomly
>created rectangles) in my document and am getting the following error from
>MetaPost. How can I fix it?
>thank you
>
>lukas

>    generating graphics : metaposting mpgraph.mp
>
>  TeXExec 2.6 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2001
>
>               metapost : mpgraph
>                 format : metafun
>This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.3.1)
>Sorry, I can't find the mem file `metafun.mem'; will try `mpost.mem'.
>(mpgraph.mp
>! Number is too large (8000).
>l.1 mpgraph:=8000

texexec --make --alone metafun

will give you the metafun mem file

metafun makes sure that 8000 is not too large -

btw, for those wondering about the large number, from now on static
graphics start counting down, and dynamic ones (that can contrbute to the
text flow and page breaking) from 1 onwards. Works quite well (here).

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: MetaPost error using pre-05
@ 2001-11-16 18:00 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2001-11-16 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi,

> I am using the presentation pre-05 style (the one with lots of randomly
> created rectangles) in my document and am getting the following error from
> MetaPost. How can I fix it?
Well I saw the same with the new version, but the error-output helps a
lot.

> This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.3.1)
> Sorry, I can't find the mem file `metafun.mem'; will try `mpost.mem'.
> (mpgraph.mp
> ! Number is too large (8000).
> l.1 mpgraph:=8000

Try
  mpost -ini metafun
this produces a metafun.mem memory dump (the same as a tex.fmt) and a
metafun.log. If you don't want it to be in your working directory issue
this command in the $TEXMF/web2c/ directory (fpTeX or teTeX assumed)
and re-run texhash/mktexlsr or whatever the command is called.

Tobias