* choice for table material
@ 2001-07-04 16:23 Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2001-07-04 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am a bit confused about the different possibilities to typeset tables, so
let me first outline how I have understood things. If a table may be split
across pages, tabulate is the one to choose. If not, there are two
possibilities: table and TABLE. TABLE is the most recent development. Is it
principally more advanced and preferrable to table, which would mean that
table is there for backward compatibility reasons only, or are there
effects which can be achieved with table, but not with TABLE?

Eckhart