* Re: latest context problems -- OOPS
       [not found] <Pine.GSO.4.40.0111201539150.11290-100000@emerald.bio.dfo.ca>
@ 2001-11-20 22:22 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2001-11-20 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Hans Hagen

"George N. White III" <WhiteG@mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:

> (which has tiny l.c. letters) with one based on the URW fonts.  I've
> been able to compile a couple existing short documents using these
> fonts, but I'm still experimenting with what to put in pdftex.map
> and what to put in cont-sys.tex.  Right now I pdftex.map is empty,
> and I have put back the comments on the list of preloaded mapfiles
> in cont-sys.

I've some map files now, but still nothing works with basically the
same errors. It also says it can't find the map file.

Could you compile this document on your system?

========================
% interface=en

\setupbodyfont
  [ber,pos]

\starttext

test.

\stoptext
========================

--
Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: latest context problems -- OOPS
@ 2001-11-22 17:52   ` George N. White III
From: George N. White III @ 2001-11-22 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Berend de Boer wrote:

> "George N. White III" <WhiteG@mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:
>
> > (which has tiny l.c. letters) with one based on the URW fonts.  I've
> > been able to compile a couple existing short documents using these
> > fonts, but I'm still experimenting with what to put in pdftex.map
> > and what to put in cont-sys.tex.  Right now I pdftex.map is empty,
> > and I have put back the comments on the list of preloaded mapfiles
> > in cont-sys.
>
> I've some map files now, but still nothing works with basically the
> same errors. It also says it can't find the map file.
>
> Could you compile this document on your system?
>
> ========================
> % interface=en
>
> \setupbodyfont
>   [ber,pos]
>
> \starttext
>
> test.
>
> \stoptext
> ========================

This runs on one of my SGI systems but the other failed.  The difference
between the two was the line:

   \setupencoding [\s!default=texnansi]

in cont-sys.tex on the one that worked.  In cont-sys.rme the lines
is:

   % \setupencoding [\s!default=ec]

Make sure you don't have an old "cont-sys.tex" file -- the full
path is in the .log file.

You can specify the encoding in your document by replacing the
bodyfont lines with:

=============
\usetypescript[postscript][texnansi]
\switchtobodyfont[postscript,11pt]
=============

Note that the headings are still in computer-modern.

After a number of experiments, I have settled on loading only
a modified version of "original-ams-cmr.map" in pdftex.cfg
that omits the logo fonts, and having context do automatic
map file loading (and manually specifying map files for LaTeX
documents).  In cont-sys.tex I use:

  \autoloadmapfilestrue

  \preloadmapfile[original-ams-cmr]

--