* mptopdf problems
@ 2006-10-31 10:34 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2006-10-31 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm struggling with a new installation here on my MacBook. One
problem I have is that mptopdf bails out when I have textext code in
my mpgraphics. There were a couple of similar problems in the mailing
list a while back, but no real solution. When I compare the
mpgraph.log output from this new install with the output from a good
installation, these are the diffs I get:

-(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/natural.tcx)
**test-mpgraph.mp
(test-mpgraph.mp
-{randomseed:=33}
-write0 = `test-mpgraph.mpo'.
+{randomseed:=3203}
-write0 = `test-mpgraph.mpt'.
+! Extra tokens will be flushed.
+<to be read again>
+                   @@@
+<argument> ...font [MyAGaramondPrempnum,11pt] "@@@
+                                                  string.contextversion
+graphictextdirective->...graphictextstring&(TEXT0)
+                                                  &CRLF;
+<to be read again>
+                   ;
+l.19 string contextversion;
+
+? x
- [1]
-metafun 2006-10-30 22:30
- )
-1 output file written: test-mpgraph.1

 From what I've understood, metapost seems to be calling the wrong
text (tex instead of texexec), but where can this be fixed? The
configuration on both installations is identical (write 18 enabled,
identical cont-sys.tex).

Thanks

Thomas

* Re: mptopdf problems
@ 2006-10-31 19:41 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2006-10-31 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Disregard the message; I just updated ConTeXt with Gerben's latest
installer package, and the problem is gone.

Thomas

On Oct 31, 2006, at 11:34 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm struggling with a new installation here on my MacBook. One
> problem I have is that mptopdf bails out when I have textext code in
> my mpgraphics. There were a couple of similar problems in the mailing
> list a while back, but no real solution. When I compare the
> mpgraph.log output from this new install with the output from a good
> installation, these are the diffs I get:
>
> -(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/natural.tcx)
> **test-mpgraph.mp
> (test-mpgraph.mp
> -{randomseed:=33}
> -write0 = `test-mpgraph.mpo'.
> +{randomseed:=3203}
> -write0 = `test-mpgraph.mpt'.
> +! Extra tokens will be flushed.
> +<to be read again>
> +                   @@@
> +<argument> ...font [MyAGaramondPrempnum,11pt] "@@@
> +
> string.contextversion
> +graphictextdirective->...graphictextstring&(TEXT0)
> +                                                  &CRLF;
> +<to be read again>
> +                   ;
> +l.19 string contextversion;
> +
> +? x
> - [1]
> -metafun 2006-10-30 22:30
> - )
> -1 output file written: test-mpgraph.1
>
>  From what I've understood, metapost seems to be calling the wrong
> text (tex instead of texexec), but where can this be fixed? The
> configuration on both installations is identical (write 18 enabled,
> identical cont-sys.tex).
>
> Thanks
>
> Thomas

* Re: mptopdf problems
@ 2006-10-31 19:58   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-10-31 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Thomas,

You can also try

texexec --mpgraphic file.mp

AFAIK, it should be equivalent to mptopdf, if not better. It creates a
temporary tex file, with

\setoutput[pdftex]
\setupcolors[state=start]
% Some lines for font maps
\starttext
\startTEXpage
\convertMPtoPDF{file.1}{1}{1}
\stopTEXpage
\startTEXpage
\convertMPtoPDF{file.2}{1}{1}
\stopTEXpage

% etc....

\stoptext

So, in the end you get a single pdf with each figure on different page.

Aditya