* the name of space between adjascent pages
@ 1999-12-09 14:45 Ed L. Cashin
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ed L. Cashin @ 1999-12-09 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.  I am using page arranging to print a little booklet, and I would
like to increase the space between the pages.  I would like to be able
to manipulate the space between the pages without changing the
parameters for each individual page (margins).

If that's not possible, I'm looking for a kind of specification for
the *inside* margin, so that it's one side on verso and the other on
recto pages.  (I just toured a typesetting firm and learned that verso
and recto are odd and even doublesided pages! :)

Here's the kind of code I'm using:

\setuppapersize		[A6][letter]
\setuparranging		[2*2,rotated,doublesided]
\setuppagenumber	[alternative=doublesided]
\setuplayout		[width=fit,
			 location=middle,marking=on]
\setuptolerance		[tolerant]
\setupwhitespace	[medium]
\setupbodyfont		[9pt]

\showframe
\starttext

\startitemize[N]
\dorecurse{10}{
\item
{\em Wool\/} is the word.\index{wool} Nothing eliminates fear of cold
quite like warmth.  Warmth --- nice, cozy, comfortable warmth --- can make
cold weather seem brisk and exciting!  Warmth comes from
insulation.  Polartec is pretty good insulation and will do well, but
wool is magical fireside satisfaction in a can: {\it who's bad?\/}

}
\stopitemize
\stoptext

I'd like to go from ...

 ------------------------------            ------------------------------
|    ---------    ---------    |  	  |  ---------        ---------  |
|   |         |  |         |   |  	  | |         |      |         | |
|   |         |  |         |   |  	  | |         |      |         | |
           small space                                big space

--
--Ed Cashin                     PGP public key:
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu           http://www.coe.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/