* mktextfm - file not found
@ 2001-11-10  0:38 Lukas Kubin
From: Lukas Kubin @ 2001-11-10  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I installed a new Texlive on linux/x86. I made no changes to the system
after installation and am getting the following error when trying to use
\setupbodyfont[lbr] or any other set of fonts which should be
generated by mktextfm.
Could you, please, give me few steps how to locate the problem's source?
I already put the default encoding (texnansi) into cont-sys.tex
Thank you

lukas

=====
mktextfm: Running mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input lbr
This is METAFONT, Version 2.7182 (Web2C 7.3.3.1)

kpathsea: Running mktexmf lbr
! I can't find file `lbr'.
<*> \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input lbr

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
<*> \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input lbr

Transcript written on mfput.log.
mktextfm: `mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input lbr' failed.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

! Font \*12ptrmtf*=lbr at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not
found.
\lastfontname ->lbr at \scaledfont

* Re: mktextfm - file not found
@ 2001-11-10 21:38 ` Olaf Weber
From: Olaf Weber @ 2001-11-10 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Lukas Kubin writes:

> I installed a new Texlive on linux/x86. I made no changes to the system
> after installation and am getting the following error when trying to use
> \setupbodyfont[lbr] or any other set of fonts which should be
> generated by mktextfm.
> Could you, please, give me few steps how to locate the problem's source?
> I already put the default encoding (texnansi) into cont-sys.tex
> Thank you

lbr -> lucida bright.  This is a commercial font (and a Type1 font).
If you do not have it, and want to use it, you'll have to buy it.  See
http://www.yandy.com if you're still interested.

--
Olaf Weber

Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins,
        for they are quick to anger and have no need for subtlety.

* Re: mktextfm - file not found
@ 2001-11-10 22:11   ` Lukas Kubin
From: Lukas Kubin @ 2001-11-10 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

> Lukas Kubin writes:
>
> > I installed a new Texlive on linux/x86. I made no changes to the system
> > after installation and am getting the following error when trying to use
> > \setupbodyfont[lbr] or any other set of fonts which should be
> > generated by mktextfm.
> > Could you, please, give me few steps how to locate the problem's source?
> > I already put the default encoding (texnansi) into cont-sys.tex
> > Thank you
>
> lbr -> lucida bright.  This is a commercial font (and a Type1 font).
> If you do not have it, and want to use it, you'll have to buy it.  See
> http://www.yandy.com if you're still interested.

Yes, I understand. But it took me a long time. Why this is not highlighted
in the official documentation to ConTeXt?
I would also appreciate some beginner's FAQ or simple tutorial on using
different-than-the-default fonts in ConTeXt. I was working with the
mfonts.pdf tutorial. Now I am confused by the fact I don't know which
of the errors I got were caused by the absent of commercial fonts and
which by my mistakes.

Thank you.

lukas