* Re: Fatal format file error; I'm stymied
       [not found] ` <Pine.LNX.4.21.0111081643310.7987-100000@x.opf.slu.cz>
@ 2001-11-08 17:57   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-11-08 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 04:46 PM 11/8/2001 +0100, you wrote:
> > At 03:15 PM 11/8/2001 +0100, Lukas Kubin wrote:
> > >i checked the web2c directory and it contains cont-en.efmt elatex.efmt
> > >etex.efmt pdfelatex.efmt and pdfetex.efmt files (among others, of
> > >course). I have no other .efmt files in the tetex tree.
> > >
> > >this what I've done before: I installed the tetex 1.0 binaries (yes it's
> > >old but I'm having problems compiling the new sources on tru64 unix). The
> > >ConTeXt in that version is quite old, so I downloaded and unzipped in the
> > >texmf tree the current beta. Then: texconfig confall, I turned cont-en on
> > >in the texconfig formats, texhash, texexec --make en. Then you suggested
> > >texexec --make --alone en nl , so I tried but no change when try texexec
> > >anyfile.tex
> >
> > did you also move the new texexec (>=2.4) to the right place?
>
>yes, I did.
>now I posted a new mail to the list. I wrote there now I
>started again with whole the installation. I deleted the tetex directory
>and installed it again. Then I tried to run the old context 1.9 and it
>resulted into the same error.
>thank you for your patience with me.

can you run texexec --verbose and check texexec,ini?

What happens if you leave the fmt files on the current path? Do you then
also get an error?

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* fixed - Re: Fatal format file error; I'm stymied
@ 2001-11-13 11:53     ` Lukas Kubin
From: Lukas Kubin @ 2001-11-13 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

I would like to thank anybody who tried to help me with the "I'm
stymied" problem. I found it was caused by the presence of file
cont-en.efmt (created by the format generation script - and format from
the old version of ConTeXt) in the same directory where my testing file
was saved.

Thank you

lukas

--