* fmtutil (bis)
@ 2001-03-21  9:35 Olivier Houix
From: Olivier Houix @ 2001-03-21  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
Now when I try to activate the context fomats, I've this message:
%texexec --make

TeXExec 2.5 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2001

fmtutil: no info for format `cont-nl'.
fmtutil: no info for format `cont-en'.
fmtutil: no info for format `cont-de'.
fmtutil: no info for format `cont-uk'.

            TeX binary : pdfetex
             format(s) : nl en de uk

I know that I must run "fmtutil --edit" and uncomment the specific
lines:
# Context formats:
# cont-de       pdfetex         cont-usr.tex    *cont-de.ini
# cont-en       pdfetex         cont-usr.tex    *cont-en.ini
# cont-nl       pdfetex         cont-usr.tex    *cont-nl.ini
# cont-uk       pdfetex         cont-usr.tex    *cont-uk.ini

but the problem is I'm not root so I've a another fmtutil.cnf file but
I don't know how to use my file rather than
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf file that I can't edit!
Is there an environment variable to specify the location of my
fmtutil.cnf file?
Thanks
Olivier Houix
--
Olivier Houix  <houix@ircam.fr>

* Re: fmtutil (bis)
@ 2001-03-21 10:00 ` S2P development
From: S2P development @ 2001-03-21 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Olivier Houix wrote:

> I don't know how to use my file rather than
> /usr/share/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf file that I can't edit!
> Is there an environment variable to specify the location of my
> fmtutil.cnf file?

Try fmtutil --help

* Re: fmtutil (bis)
@ 2001-03-21 10:41   ` Hans Fredrik Nordhaug
From: Hans Fredrik Nordhaug @ 2001-03-21 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, S2P development wrote:

>Olivier Houix wrote:
>
>> I don't know how to use my file rather than
>> /usr/share/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf file that I can't edit!
>> Is there an environment variable to specify the location of my
>> fmtutil.cnf file?

One solution that works is to set TEXMFCNF to one of your directories, i.e

  setenv TEXMFCNF $HOME/texmf/web2c

and then copy 'texmf.cnf' to  $HOME/texmf/web2c. Edit 'texmf.cnf' to
reflect where you want the WEB2C files - your formats and config files
(in your case 'fmtutil.cnf' and new formats) - to be. For example change
the definitin of WEB2C (in 'texmf.cnf') to:

  WEB2C = $HOME/texmf/web2c:$TEXMF/web2c

With this definition your directory will be search first and then the
global directory. In this way you can create your own formats but still
use the other global formats and so on...

I might have gotten something wrong here, but I shouldn't be far off.

Hans

PS! Be aware that this solution is dangerous since you will not notice
    if the global configuration changes...

   Hans Fredrik Nordhaug,       |   web:    www.mi.uib.no/~hansfn
      Ph.D. student at          |   phone:    (+47) 55 58 48 79
    Department of Mathematics,  |   fax:      (+47) 55 58 96 72
    University of Bergen        |   e-mail:    hansfn@mi.uib.no
    5008 Bergen, Norway         |   icq:          74265696