* ppchtex+pstricks wrong output
@ 2001-11-10 18:27 Ricardo Sanchez Carmenes
From: Ricardo Sanchez Carmenes @ 2001-11-10 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans and ppchtex users:

I am using some of your conTeXt modules from plain+pdftex
(not the whole package), especially the ppchtex modules.

ppchtex works beautifully with pictex, i.e., the following
simple sample file compiles correctly with pdftex:

%%%%%% CUT: ppch-ok.tex %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\input m-pictex
\input m-ch-en

\startchemical
  \chemical[ONE,SB13,DB7,Z0137][C,H,R^1,O]
\stopchemical

\bye
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

However, when I try to use ppchtex with pstricks instead of
pictex, the file compiles, but gives the wrong result, with
labels and bounds that should go on the top of the formula
printed at the bottom, and vice-versa. Besides, the labels
(or substituents) are then badly positioned with respect to
the bounds.

See the attached sample, that should, theoretically, give the
same result as above, after passing through tex->dvips->ps2pdf:

%%%%%% CUT: ppch-bad.tex %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\input pstricks
\input pst-plot
\input m-ch-en

\startchemical
  \chemical[ONE,SB13,DB7,Z0137][C,H,R^1,O]
\stopchemical

\bye
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

It looks like as if, somewhere, the ppchtex macro that places
bounds and substituents above or bellow, had a sign changed.
The same error arises when using pstricks+ppchTeX from latex.

Regards,
Ricardo.

* Re: ppchtex+pstricks wrong output
       [not found]   ` <Pine.LNX.4.33.0111121538250.13333-100000@bioinf.medicina.u niovi.es>
@ 2001-11-12 16:45     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-11-12 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 03:43 PM 11/12/2001 +0100, Ricardo Sanchez Carmenes wrote:
>On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > At 07:27 PM 11/10/2001 +0100, Ricardo Sanchez Carmenes wrote:
> > >Dear Hans and ppchtex users:
> > >
> > >I am using some of your conTeXt modules from plain+pdftex
> > >(not the whole package), especially the ppchtex modules.
> >
> > >However, when I try to use ppchtex with pstricks instead of
> > >pictex, the file compiles, but gives the wrong result, with
> > >labels and bounds that should go on the top of the formula
> >
> > hm, seems like pstricke rotates the other way around (i have to do a
> > rotate/reverse rotate in pstricks, partly due to some bug with zero
> > angles). I swapped the angles so it should work ok now. (in \rput)
>
>Good.
>
>BTW, are you aware that it is possible to use pstricks from pdftex
>using a strategy similar to the one you implemented in supp-mps to
>handle inline metapost code (a macro called pdftricks.sty has been
>released for this purpose) ?

i've heard about it but not looked into it; my problem with pstricks is
that it is too inaccurate

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: ppchtex+pstricks wrong output