* German Umlaute with US Keyboard
@ 2003-06-16 17:35 Raimund Kohl
From: Raimund Kohl @ 2003-06-16 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello there,

how am I to set german Umlaute in ConTeXt if using a US keyboard?  With TeX
it's \"a for example to produce ä and \ss for the german ß (scharfes s) ...
but this ain't gonna work with ConTeXt.

Oh, and btw.: Is there an archive of the ConTeXt mailing list to look through?

Thank you in advance,

ray

* Re: German Umlaute with US Keyboard
@ 2003-06-16 18:16 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2003-06-16 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Raimund Kohl wrote:
> how am I to set german Umlaute in ConTeXt if using a US keyboard?  With TeX
> it's \"a for example to produce ä and \ss for the german ß (scharfes s) ...

Well, \"a works here and instead of \ss = sans-serif, you have to use \SS.
But how about: \language[de] (or "old" spelling: [deo]). Then you can use
"a, "s etc. as in LaTeX with German style.

> Oh, and btw.: Is there an archive of the ConTeXt mailing list to look through?
Yes. Goto the ConTeXt page www.pragma-ade.com and click a bit around. Or
go directly to:
  http://ml-archives.mini.pw.edu.pl/ntg-context.html

Tobias