* bodymatter and alternative=doublesided, XML documentation
@ 2003-07-25 14:24 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2003-07-25 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have the following problem:
Using
  \setuppagenumbering[location={footer,right}]
  \startbodymatter
  \chapter{Hi}
  \stopbodymatter

I always get 3 pages, but I want to have two: The recto with "Hi" and its
verso, I don't want to have an extra recto!

Is there a nice way to setup
frontmatter to use roman numerals and bodymatter "arabic" numerals
starting from 1?

I know I can use \setupsectionblock[][before=\bgroup\setup...]
but is there something nicer?

A part of that document should be in XML, is there any documentation for
the ContML available by now? Or about the XML namespacing etc.
support, which is not mentioned in "XML in ConTeXT"?

Tobias

* Re: bodymatter and alternative=doublesided, XML documentation
@ 2003-07-25 15:39 ` sebastian.rooks
From: sebastian.rooks @ 2003-07-25 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Selon Tobias Burnus <tobias.burnus@physik.fu-berlin.de>:

> Hi,

[...]
> Is there a nice way to setup
> frontmatter to use roman numerals and bodymatter "arabic" numerals
> starting from 1?

> I know I can use \setupsectionblock[][before=\bgroup\setup...]
> but is there something nicer?
What's wrong with this :
\starttext

\setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]

\startfrontmatter
  \completecontent
\stopfrontmatter

% \setuppagenumber[number=1] % Uncomment to restart numbering
  \setuppagenumbering[conversion=numbers]

\startbodymatter
  \chapter{First}
    \dorecurse{5}{\input tufte\par \input knuth\par}

  \chapter{Second}
    \dorecurse{5}{\input tufte\par \input knuth\par}
\stopbodymatter

\stoptext

  Seb.

* Re: bodymatter and alternative=doublesided, XML documentation
@ 2003-07-25 15:51   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2003-07-25 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 sebastian.rooks@free.fr wrote:
> > Is there a nice way to setup
> > frontmatter to use roman numerals and bodymatter "arabic" numerals
> > starting from 1?
> > I know I can use \setupsectionblock[][before=\bgroup\setup...]
> > but is there something nicer?

> What's wrong with this :
> \setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]
> \startfrontmatter
>   \completecontent
> \stopfrontmatter

Nothing in principle, but if I do a

  \processXMLfilegrouped{foo.xml}

which contains

  <frontmatter>
  </frontmatter>
  <bodymatter>
  </bodymatter>

this doesn't work. Moreover I'd like to keep the content as far as
possible separate from the layout.

Tobias