* Arabic support for ConTeXt
       [not found] <20030725041759.8690.qmail@web15310.mail.bjs.yahoo.com>
@ 2003-07-25 16:21 ` Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2003-07-25 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi gang,

A few of you have written to me about Arabic support for ConTeXt as well as modifying
EDMAC to use RL support in Omega. It is my intention to provide some info/how-to on
this in the next couple of weeks, as soon as I finish some research.

In the meantime, I suggest anyone interested in this to get their hands on e-Omega
1.15 (Omega + eTeX functionality). This is the version the how-to will be based upon.
It is available for fpTeX and MiKTeX; I'm not sure when a version will be available
for teTeX, though Thomas Esser may cooperate with anyone willing to provide a separate
patch.

Best wishes
Idris

* Re: Arabic support for ConTeXt
@ 2003-07-25 16:50   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-07-25 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Hong Feng

At 10:21 25/07/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi gang,
>
>A few of you have written to me about Arabic support for ConTeXt as well
>as modifying
>EDMAC to use RL support in Omega. It is my intention to provide some
>info/how-to on
>this in the next couple of weeks, as soon as I finish some research.
>
>In the meantime, I suggest anyone interested in this to get their hands on
>e-Omega
>1.15 (Omega + eTeX functionality). This is the version the how-to will be
>based upon.
>It is available for fpTeX and MiKTeX; I'm not sure when a version will be
>available
>for teTeX, though Thomas Esser may cooperate with anyone willing to
>provide a separate
>patch.

Here in Hawai'i GB and TE sat together and got it running under linux so
eomega is tetex ready ...

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Arabic support for ConTeXt
@ 2003-07-26 11:07     ` Abhishek Seth
From: Abhishek Seth @ 2003-07-26 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Hong Feng

I am on Cygwin. I downloaded cont-tmp.zip(2003-7.21.22.16), and then
tried texexec --make en. The command fails with the
following message:
[snip]
! I can't find file `prop-ini.tex`.
l.265 \input prop-ini.tex

[snip]
Error: `pdfetex -ini -jobname=cont-en -progname=context *cont-en.ini' failed

I've checked and found the referred file. Any clues?

--
Abhishek Seth
alternate email: abhiseth@hotmail.com

* Re: Arabic support for ConTeXt
@ 2003-07-26 11:49       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-07-26 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

After unzipping the cont-tmf.zip did you run mktexlsr?

Willi

@ 2003-07-27 14:01         ` Abhishek Seth
From: Abhishek Seth @ 2003-07-27 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry for my daftness. I forgot that.

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Willi Egger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After unzipping the cont-tmf.zip did you run mktexlsr?
>
> Willi

* Re[2]: Arabic support for ConTeXt
@ 2003-07-29 23:16           ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-07-29 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sunday, July 27, 2003 Abhishek Seth wrote:

AS> Sorry for my daftness. I forgot that.

If it makes you happy, I did a similar gross mistake during the
presentation ... imagine the (lack of) results!

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-07-29 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Friday, July 25, 2003 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> Here in Hawai'i GB and TE sat together and got it running under linux so
HH> eomega is tetex ready ...

e-Omega 1.15 will be there in teTeX 2.0.2, probably.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta