* Problem with math item in table of contents
@ 2003-08-01 13:41 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2003-08-01 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I would like to use this:

\completecontent
\chapter{$a|b$}
\bye

the problem is that the bar "|" causes problems in the table of contents.
Any ideas how I can still have it in the table?

Tobias

* Re: Problem with math item in table of contents
@ 2003-08-01 15:01 ` Sebastian Rooks
From: Sebastian Rooks @ 2003-08-01 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tobias Burnus wrote:

Hi,
what about \chapter{a\vert b} ?

  Seb.

PS: Did you get any answer for this one of your previous question :

>Hello all,
>
>(repost)
>
>I have the following problem:
>Using
>  \setuppagenumbering[location={footer,right}]
>  \startbodymatter
>  \chapter{Hi}
>  \stopbodymatter
>
>I always get 3 pages, but I want to have two: The recto with "Hi" and its
>verso, I don't want to have an extra recto!
>
>Tobias

I would be pleased to know how to get rid of this extra page.

* Re: Problem with math item in table of contents
@ 2003-08-01 15:32   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2003-08-01 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Sebastian,

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Sebastian Rooks wrote:
> what about \chapter{a\vert b} ?
Good idea, I only remembered \mid which is something like '\,|\,'.
(I need to find my texbook, someone seems to have borrowed it.)

> PS: Did you get any answer for this one of your previous question :
[startbodymatter + alternative=doublesided gives odd number of pages]

No, unfortunally not.

> I would be pleased to know how to get rid of this extra page.
So do I ;-)

       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.44.0308011540180.2341-100000@g25.physik.fu-berl in.de>
@ 2003-08-05 20:52 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-08-05 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 15:41 01/08/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I would like to use this:
>
>\completecontent
>\chapter{$a|b$}
>\bye
>
>the problem is that the bar "|" causes problems in the table of contents.
>Any ideas how I can still have it in the table?

either patch supp-lan:

   \def\fakecompoundhyphen
     {\def\|{\mathortext\vert\dofakecompoundhyphen}}

   \def\dofakecompoundhyphen
     {\def##1|%
        {\doifelsenothing{##1}{\compoundhyphen}{##1}%
         \kern\compoundbreakpoint\allowbreak}}

or use $a\vert b$ instead

interesting how long it takes for such a bug to show up

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl